by Kametisu

Original Post

[CD] Pets Near Invisible Counters Causing Sims to Complain

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, My Wedding Stories, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a cat/large dog (adult/elder) and a sim (any age except babies and toddlers) 2. Make sure the lot has counters/surfaces that the cat/large dog can jump on 3. Do not lecture/yell at the pet about jumping on the counters 4. Wait for cat to sit down beside the counter (not on top) and constantly clean itself with the food thought bubble above its head or wait for large dog to place its paws on an invisible counter 5. Make sure the sim is near or in the same room as the cat or large dog
What happens when the bug occurs? Any sims near the cat will complain with a thought bubble of a cat sitting on a counter above its head or when near a large dog, they will complain with a thought bubble of a dog standing with its paws on the counter.
What do you expect to see? No more complaining from sims and the game to not assume that the cat is sitting on the counter/large dog with its paws on the counter even though the pet is beside the counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if the issue came after the March 15th update but I know, I never had this problem before. There's something in the coding or the cat's pathing that makes the game assume that the cat is on the counter. I clicked on the cat to see if the pie menu shows the "Lecture about Jumping on Counters" but it doesn't appear. I usually don't lecture cats about being on counters because I find it adorable.

Update: Large dogs seem to stand on invisible counters and I get the option to lecture dogs about jumping on counters. The image is posted below.

cat_not_on_counter.png

counters.png

Message 1 of 1 (345 Views)