[CD] Can't place High-End Robot Vacuum (must be inside)

by Lunaman11050

Original Post

Re: High-End Robot Vacuum (must be inside.) bug

★★★★★ Novice

they have easy names i put them in my catalog under room 1, 2, etc. they are labeled as kitchen because i was just trying to upload it fast. i tried to put the 3 rooms in my showcase but it seems it did not work for all but the room i posted originally. hopefully its viewable now.

Message 11 of 20 (941 Views)

Hero

@Lunaman11050 

Ok, I can see the rooms in the Gallery now.  But I can't really test anything without the entire build.  If they are rooms in an apartment, I need to know which apartment you are using them in.  But it appears to be 3 different floors and none of the apartments have 3 levels except the penthouses which can have 4.  And those are just like regular lots.  So I don't think it is an apartment.

If it is a lot, you should upload the entire lot rather than just a few of the rooms.  It could something not in those rooms like the roof causing the problem. 

Message 12 of 20 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i cant upload the full lot as its 11mb and each time i try to save it to gallery it says the file is too big. the only really is getting the pieces and linking them with with stairs if you want the full building. its two buildings connected via the basement and a walk walk between both. its just a really large house with a lot of random stuff. that building if you exclude whats underground is just 3 floors with a roof.

Message 13 of 20 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ok, that is odd.  Never heard of not being able to upload a lot because it is too big if it was created in the game.  I don't upload to the gallery so I never ran into that.

Regardless, I did download the three rooms and stacked them on a lot.  I did notice that when I did that, that the basement had a ceiling but the other 2 rooms didn't.

I tried placing a robovac in the one you had the trouble with and it placed without any problem.  No error messages either.  

So the only things I can suggest is to make sure there is a ceiling in the room.  You might want to try deleting and replacing the roof too.  And if all else fails, try saving the lot to your library, bulldozing and replacing the lot with the copy from the library.

Hope this helps.

Edit.  There is another way to share a lot if you still want me to test it.  If you have a file sharing account, you can save the lot to your library and zip the files for that lot, load it to your file share account and then share the link here or if you prefer, send me the link via DM and I will download and test it.  

Message 14 of 20 (877 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got this issue on my ps4 too. I was placing the hoover (auto robot) in a prebuilt EA house & it wouldn't let me. 

Message 15 of 20 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So i recreated the loft on another lot all the pieces i have in my original are there to assure they are pretty much exactly the same outside of the other half of my lot and backyard etc. i double checked while rebuilding the whole lot to make sure all roofs were there (ceilings) and at the end they are all there. its called loftbuild and i was still seeing the same error. hopefully now you can check it out and see it for yourselves.

Message 16 of 20 (831 Views)

Hero

@Lunaman11050 

Ok.  I think I found the problem.  What is causing the error message you get is not on that floor.  It's in the room above.  I couldn't put a robovac in that room either and got the same message.  It's where you have a section of fence and an arch on the back wall.  The arch is no problem.  But the fence is causing the game to think that room is open to the outside.  Replacing the fence section with a solid wall fixes it.  The error messages goes away and the robovac can be placed with no problem on either floor.  So you might have to rethink that area of the build.

Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 20 (6,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

100% the problem. Kinda upset because i like having those kinda "half wall" like areas but one i replaced it to check it immediately let me place the vacuum down. Thanks for all the help you provided with this.

Message 18 of 20 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

edit to this, i know i can use half walls i just liked the look of the fences there instead of the half walls.

Message 19 of 20 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

additional info for this solution, half walls still do not count so they need to be full walls enclosed for the vacuums to work. you can have arch doors but no fences or half walls.

Message 20 of 20 (775 Views)