Original Post

Highlighted

[CD] Can't Adopt Pet In Apartment

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every game pack and stuff pack and expansion pack installed except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to adopt a pet in a household living in an apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? My household lives in an apartment and anytime I attempt to adopt a pet, for instance a dog the pet carriers do not appear just the adoption agent. Therefore there is no way of adopting a pet. Now I tried restarting the game and it still did not work. However when I loaded another household file I was able to adopt a pet just fine, the pet carrier and the agent appeared. The difference is that this household lived in a house not an apartment. Are adopting pets allowed in apartments or only houses?
What do you expect to see? Click on phone/computer, select hire a service, select adopt cat or dog, select animal, agent and pet carrier appears.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Can't Adopt Pet In Apartment

Another issue now is that the Agent disappeared and it says that and adoption evaluation is in progress but it's not because again no pet carriers appeared and now the agent disappeared. Therefore I cannot end evaluation.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 6 (5,682 Views)

Re: [CD] Can't Adopt Pet In Apartment

Hero
@darkntwisted28 Tested this and it works fine for me.

Did you test if it's a specific apartment ? Does apartment also not work on the other save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (5,649 Views)

★★★ Expert

@darkntwisted28 I've never had any problems with adopting pets while living in an apartment. There are a few alternative options to adopting pets through an adoption service that you could try as a work-around. One way is to interact with a stray cat or dog until your relationship level becomes "Friends" and then you will be able to adopt them on the spot through a dialog option. A quicker way is with testingcheats on you can shift + click on a stray cat or dog and select "Add to Family" in the pop-up menu and they will instantly become part of your household. There are usually plenty of stray cats and dogs wandering around various neighborhoods in Brindleton Bay so it should not be too hard to find one there. If you wanted a kitten or puppy rather than an adult pet you can change their age with special pet treats you can purchase at the vet's office.

pet treat.JPG

If all else fails then you could always add a pet while editing your household in CAS.

Good luck, I hope this works out for you :D

Message 3 of 6 (5,632 Views)

Hero
@darkntwisted28 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (5,611 Views)

Hero
@darkntwisted28 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (5,579 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@mynameischief  When you say that it happens on all saves, do you mean that you have tested in a brand new save, where the lot Fountainview Penthouse has not been edited, decorated, furnished etc?

I just tested it on that lot, unchanged from how it starts in a new save; and had no issues. The pet carrier will not spawn if the space is too small for it, for example if the rooms are too small or there are too much clutter. You could post a picture of how it looks.

Also, there is a bug report for pet adoption not working on lots with the lot trait Off The Grid, so if you have that please tell.

Message 6 of 6 (5,026 Views)