Re: [SE] Sims wear random shoes instead of barefeet/socks

by DDWard1972

Original Post

Hero
@LiLiMoh If you remove all your CC and test on a vanilla game (best to try a fresh one as existing saves might already have issues if cc borked the shoes) and see if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 30 (5,088 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed all custom content from the game and with a fresh one started I placed a sim in a lot on Mt Komorebi. At first she walked in (wearing outer wear) and did not remove her shoes, even though once again it was set for no shoes. I toggled it to slippers and she changed into them. Changed outfits and sure enough each one had slippers. I then toggled the setting to no shoes, had her walk outside then back inside and she removed her shoes and walked around barefoot! Did this a few times with various outfits and had her move away from the house and come back and sure enough she removed her shoes every time, so it seems something in the custom content files are causing issues with the removal of the shoes.

Message 12 of 30 (19,178 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I notified the maker of the feet just in case he needs to make an update. I tried it with no CC and they randomly have shoes but I think that is the "rebellious sims" just doing it to be naughty.

Message 13 of 30 (5,058 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DDWard1972 This is what it was for me, I think! Keeping an eye out just in case things revert, but the CC feet seem like the culprit. Need to play more, though.
Message 14 of 30 (5,054 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You've found the issue! I also have cc feet in my game and as soon I took it out they followed the rule in all clothing! I will also inform the cc creator of this! Hopefully there a batch fix for it soon!

Message 15 of 30 (5,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to mark this as CC related but there's maybe two things going on here so I'll list other possible causes.

This issue probably also works the same way as the faulty CC showering issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CC-RELATED-Sims-showering-with-clothes/m-p/3521649#M2354

1. Some Sims are rebellious and don't change out of their shoes. You won't see a change shoe animation for those. They just stay in their shoes and I think there should be an option to scold them for your Sim. Proper Sims will also get negative moodlets as reaction to that behavior.
  2. If you forget to remove the Sims climbing gear, they will wear those.
  3. If you had CC that was wrongly categorized, Sims may now wear those instead of being barefeet/socks. This happens if you had the CC in the first time they do the shoe change animation.
  4. If you remove said CC, just as with the clothing problem, the shoes will replaced by EA shoes giving the impression it's also a EA shoes problem. The game is usually not capable of replacing it with no shoes at this point. There's probably no solution to fix this at this point.

So as someone pointed out in this thread (missed that). It's CC FEET that cause the issue. Remove them from your game and you'll be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 30 (5,006 Views)

Help

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but eco living and journey to bantuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with snowy escape when i set no shoes allowed indoors when the kids take off outdoor shoes its replaced with another pair
What happens when the bug occurs? when they change from shoes to no shoes a random pair of shoes appears even on outfits with no shoes
What do you expect to see? i expect to see no shoes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this only happens with kids and no cc i have effects this

Message 17 of 30 (4,881 Views)

Re: [CC RELATED] [SE] Sims wear random shoes instead of barefeet/socks

★ Apprentice

The taking off shoes issued work fine when I first played it.....the next day they left shoes on.....also i have Sims showering in clothes and sometimes just shoes  its really annoying

Message 18 of 30 (4,857 Views)

Re: Help

★★ Expert
@liv2344--are you using any custom feet in your game? try removing them, and test to see if Sims will take off their shoes. (also make sure all your mods are updated.)
Message 19 of 30 (4,862 Views)

Re: Help

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@unseenlarks the problem seems to have fixed itself randomly but I'm not too sure it will last if it happens again i will try this 

i went and removed the feet and it fixed it thanks

Message 20 of 30 (4,858 Views)