Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC RELATED] [SE] Sims wear random shoes instead of barefeet/socks

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When entering a house with the Taming of the Shoe sign set to no shoes
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't have Sims taking off their shoes, just changes them to boots or other shoes.
What do you expect to see? If you have it set to no shoes, Sims entering your house should either be barefoot or wearing socks if they came with socks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy Escape Pack downloaded.

I know it just came out so maybe I'm not setting something correctly, but I have a Taming of the Shoe sign hanging in my house and have it set to "no shoes". Instead of taking their shoes off and either being barefoot or wearing just socks, sims entering my house all changed into women's fashion boots. Although it was funny to see guys wearing them too, I don't think that is how this is supposed to work. Am I missing a setting or something to have them actually be shoeless when they enter with my sign set?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 30 (14,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SE] Sims wear random shoes instead of barefeet/socks

★★ Novice

I removed all custom content from the game and with a fresh one started I placed a sim in a lot on Mt Komorebi. At first she walked in (wearing outer wear) and did not remove her shoes, even though once again it was set for no shoes. I toggled it to slippers and she changed into them. Changed outfits and sure enough each one had slippers. I then toggled the setting to no shoes, had her walk outside then back inside and she removed her shoes and walked around barefoot! Did this a few times with various outfits and had her move away from the house and come back and sure enough she removed her shoes every time, so it seems something in the custom content files are causing issues with the removal of the shoes.

View in thread

Message 12 of 30 (19,176 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: No shoes isn't really no shoes

Hero
@DDWard1972 Is this for NPCs or your own household Sims ?

I haven't had any issues so far personally

Could you try a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (14,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Since installing Snowy Escape and utilizing the no shoes sign, I have noticed that my sims are either ignoring the command or changing into completely different shoes not assigned to them in CAS. I've noticed my sims changing into heeled shoes, trainers and others.

When I've changed the command to "wear slippers indoors" that works as intended, however the no shoes allowed does not.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed formatting for readablilty

Message 3 of 30 (14,476 Views)

★ Guide

I find my sim does take her shoes off. Guests however don't. No different shoes either, just don't take them off. Had 3 guests now, only one obeyed the "no shoes" rule. 

I also had my sim be late for work because after her shower she automatically put her shoes on and then she couldn't walk through her house. I can not take her shoes off manually, so I just reset her, made her teleport and get to work that way. 

Message 4 of 30 (14,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lavendela91 That might not necessarily be a bug. There are Sims that are rebellious and don't do it although they should. It's not 100%

Do you have an interaction to scold the ones that don't ? Might only be there for polite Sims, not 100% sure atm.

I would also please like to everyone to keep one thread per issue, even if it's all about shoes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (14,463 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It was both my Sim and npc Sims. I had a welcome wagon and they all changed into heeled boots as soon as they came into the house. Slippers works fine and wearing their shoes, of course, but no shoes makes them change into random shoes when they enter the house. 

Message 6 of 30 (14,381 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 Sounds like something was wrongly assigned.

Can you test a fresh save that never had mods to see if that has the same issue ?

Do you see this in a pre-patch game or new ? In Mt. Komorebi or other world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (14,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I was having the same issue. Its not coming from any particular mod but from cc causing an issue. Most likely the  labeling  of shoes n*de when they shouldn't be( even though some the shoes they are putting on base game or from other packs weird) but from some reason cc causing this and not mods. I'm going  go threw all my shoes and uncheck it with sims 4 studio (hopefully it still works with this pack) 

UPDATE: I went threw some the shoes that were showing up instead of bare feet/ socks and the aren't labeled n*de  when they aren't supposed to so I have no idea what's causing this might take cc shoes out and see if that helps. 

Message 8 of 30 (14,275 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, after installing Snowy Escape and setting the preference of NO SHOES, all sims will randomly wear either CC shoes or those from the game itself, anything but no shoes. If I select slippers, that works correctly. 

I have the most recent patch and I'm playing in Mt Komorebi , tried a new save file, took out my mods leaving only CAS cc in the game and the results are the same as the OP has here. Still wearing shoes, even to bed! I thought maybe it was the sim being a little rebellious but when clicking on her I was given the option to observe the rules and she changed into different shoes, still no socks. 

Message 9 of 30 (14,191 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Small update: I took out the CC feet I had installed and it seemed to work, then NPCs came over and, again, random shoes. So, it wasn't the CC feet like I thought. 

Message 10 of 30 (14,181 Views)