Re: Parents with light skin get babies with dark skin

by LizzusM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC RELATED] Parents with light skin get babies with dark skin

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I know dark skinned parents getting light skinned babies  happens in real life, (albino children), but in the SIms, "white" people can get "black" babies without cheating on their spouses...
Can that be fixed?
Luckily Sims are not real people and don't start fights over paternity doubts :P

Message 1 of 17 (24,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

You should do this

Remove all your skins and mods and custom content. Then start a new game and put your family in the new game. Then try what skin you're getting.

Vanilla means = without flavor = no mods, no custom content, no custom anything, Only plain EA = plain vanilla.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 17 (25,983 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using custom content ? Custom skins ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (24,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

How dark are we talking? Do you possibly have a screenshot of the child and parents? I've noticed that the baby skin texture is moderately dark with my game also, but when aged to child, the skin colour resembled either of the parents.

Also, Sim Maury/Jeremy Kyle would be great. :P

Message 3 of 17 (24,464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I'm using custom skins.

Message 4 of 17 (24,454 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We're talking 010 skintone and 030 skintone parents having a 060 skintone baby that still is that colour after having become an adult, and 020 parents having a 080 skintone baby.
The latter was in my daughter's game and she felt it was so wrong, that she deleted the baby and made a new one, I kept mine and can show you pics if you want.

Message 5 of 17 (24,455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You'd think the darkest man is the father of the lightest man, but it's the other way round.... (I've had them all drink youth potions a lot)

Message 6 of 17 (24,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you're using custom skins, it could be related to that.

I need you to remove them and test on vanilla.

EA/Maxis won't fix bugs that are cc related

@Hroun_88: Yours sounds like this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Black-baby-grew-into-tanned-child/td-p/4840065/jump-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (24,437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What do I need to do exactly?
Take out the skins to see what colour the family turns then?
What is vanilla, is it a skintone?

Message 8 of 17 (24,431 Views)

Hero

You should do this

Remove all your skins and mods and custom content. Then start a new game and put your family in the new game. Then try what skin you're getting.

Vanilla means = without flavor = no mods, no custom content, no custom anything, Only plain EA = plain vanilla.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (25,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Just had this happen as well.  Too lighter skinned parents had a dark skinned baby girl.  I'm not using any custom content and am using the base game only so it's definitely a Maxis issue.

Message 10 of 17 (24,392 Views)