Re: My sims won't eat!

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

It's possible that mod/CC are borking the eating and removing doesn't fix it,

Unless someone has happening this on a game that never saw cc/mods, it might still be a mod/cc issue anyways.

Would anyone be willing to share their saves where it's happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 52 (15,652 Views)

Hero

There's quite a few people in other threads saying that removing any cc sofas fixed the issue for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 52 (15,642 Views)

Hero

So many reports now that removing cc sofa fixes this issue so I'm going to mark this as solved for now.

Please report if it doesn't help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 23 of 52 (86,870 Views)

Food being placed weird and not eaten

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The sims randomly place food all over the floor without eating it. And all the issues above I’ve tried playing without CC to see if the problem still occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims empty the serving platter, and place the plates all over the floor without eating the food. All of them occur without CC and tested in a old save and a new save file.
What do you expect to see? The sims taking one plate and eating it at the table I put there for them, or placing the food on the counters once they made the meal. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats and dogs + patches

Message 24 of 52 (15,590 Views)

Re: Food being placed weird and not eaten

Hero

Have you tried moving the Sims out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 52 (15,584 Views)

★★★ Novice

Removing sofas doesn't work so no the solution is not solved. I think it's a bug that EA needs to fix

Message 26 of 52 (15,556 Views)

Hero

Did you remove all your cc/mods ?

Did you try moving out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 52 (15,536 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue as mentioned above.

I removed the game from my pc and then installed it again, but the issue wasn't gone.

I then saw I had Pilar Slide Sofa in my mods folder (and also in my household).

After removing the sofa from the lot it fixed the issue.
I didn't even have to remove the cc from my Mods-folder.

Sad thing is that I realy like the sofa and would like to be able to use it again. Frown

Message 28 of 52 (15,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims4Studio might already have a batch fix for the sofa  issue

Also affected: Benches and any recolors of such. If you have the snow mod or any other re-texture mods, remove them as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 52 (15,509 Views)

Problem eating

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and I have CC and Mods
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in game and trying to eat a meal it doesn’t work. Once prepared a meal my sim resets and placed the meal on the floor. When trying to eat the meal it won’t allow me to and doesn’t say anything blocked him/he. I have tried using non cc tabled by same thing happenes
What happens when the bug occurs? What’s described above
What do you expect to see? Sims arms going up then down. Can’t eat at ANY table and food prepared doesn’t go into bench
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game on the 11/11 and installed Cats and Dogs

Don’t have any
Message 30 of 52 (15,481 Views)