after i got sims 4 university, i wasnt able to use

by Geekboss_10

Original Post

Re: University BUG

Hero
@Lysbethanian Could you send me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 58 (6,233 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dorm Elevator can't be used

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This exact thing occurs in my game as well. I have a sim in the most expensive dorm in Britechester and I have to travel with her every time she needs to go somewhere. It's very annoying. I have updated my mods to the latest patch. 

Message 12 of 58 (6,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No holiday events, I installed the pack, made a sim, applied for university, moved to university and couldn’t exit the building to buy stuff for university 

Message 13 of 58 (6,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I went in there and tested all the elevators in both dorms in both Universities.  I could go up and down both Dorms.  So its not really a dorm problem, I also had my sim go to class and he went to class pulled out his books and stopped going to class, I checked in front of the class building there where some other sims entering the building, maybe a bottleneck is causing it, not sure, he was fine the second time and went to class.

Anyways, it could be caused by any of the following reasons:

Residence Key, to holidays where work and school are off if the box is checked may affect the classes.  I will have to check.

Gnomes or something in the way of the elevator.

Fire, Vampire visits Alien Adoptions, events and parties, plus death could all prevent sims from going to class.

Edit: Work from home careers with University and Dorms could also cause this problem, as you can't be at work and class at the same time.  Freelancer careers, + Strangervillie and photo studio freelancers.

Message 14 of 58 (6,148 Views)

after i got sims 4 university, i wasnt able to use

★★★ Newbie

So, I recently got the sims 4 university, and I think it broke my elevators. I can't leave my dorms or the apartments. Can anyone help me out? I do use sims 4 cc, but nothing seemed to break, and i even updated my cc, but i still am having elevator problems. Please help!!

Message 15 of 58 (6,140 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Dorm Elevator can't be used

@Geekboss_10  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any more relevant info.  If you wanted to share your save, that would also be helpful; see page 1.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 58 (6,119 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University - broken housing tower entrance - please help!

★★★ Newbie

Yeah same

Message 17 of 58 (6,099 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University - broken housing tower entrance - please help!

[ Edited ]
Hero

From what I've seen on the saves I've tested, this is potentially CC/mod related, 

Is anyone using cc beds in the dorm ?

There is an older bug, where gnomes spawn seed packets into the elevator, making that one unusable: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CL-Elevator-in-21-Chic-Street-Apartments-not/td-...

That only affects ONE elevator though.

Please test again with all your mods/cc removed. Best to try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 58 (6,087 Views)

Sims university - sim is unable to go downstairs in dorm using elevator

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, university, jungle adventure, discover university, get famous, laundry day, seasons, strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click elevator/classes etc, sim cannot go downstairs
What happens when the bug occurs? sim displays cannot move/go there bubble and I have to use cheats to teleport my sim to get them to go anywhere other than their flat
What do you expect to see? sim goes downstairs using elevator
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

sim in uni unable to go downstairs in dorm, I have to teleport sim to get them outside

Message 19 of 58 (6,054 Views)

Re: Sims university - sim is unable to go downstairs in dorm using elevator

Hero
@mollywalker04 This is potentially related to cc beds in dorms.

Did you edit the dorm and add any cc beds ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 58 (6,049 Views)