Re: Sims 4 Discover University - broken housing tower entrance - please help!

by PakkasParkers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC/MODS RELATED] [DU] Dorm Elevator can't be used

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? live in briny tower
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't leave the dorms
What do you expect to see? the sim not being able to go to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's a build error. The Sims are trapped in the dorm. There are doors to go outside, but no way down to ground level,

Message 4 of 58 (7,959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [POSSIBLY CC RELATED] [DU] Dorm Elevator can't be used

[ Edited ]
Hero

I tested your save and had no issue using the elevator after all the cc was removed from the dorms.

---------------------------------------------------------

This issue looks to be CC/Mods related. Make sure you update or remove the following

- longer interaction queue mod by Rainbow_Brite

- The Little Miss Sam's Pregnancy Overhaul 

- KawaiiStacie, Farming Mod and the Hotel Resort

- Other pregnancy Mods

There's could be cc stuff that gives troubles but it seems that the cc makes elevators stop working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 58 (8,080 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 Discover University - broken housing tower entrance - please help!

★★★ Newbie

All sims living in this housing tower cannot enter/exit through the elevator or the doors. I am having to teleport my sims outside for classes and back inside when they return. If I tell my sims to go to class, they will pull out their books then immediately put them away and act as though the exit is locked for them; it then cancels the action.

The tower is Tidal Tower in Foxbury Institute.

I have tried shift-clicking both the elevator and the building itself to debug/reset it but this has not solved the issue.

Would love any help anybody can offer as this is incredibly annoying!

Message 1 of 58 (7,924 Views)

Sims 4 - Sims can't use elevator

★★ Novice

I bought City Living two days ago and my Sims haven't been able to use the lifts. Even with the new expansion pack, Discover University, my Sims can't attend lectures because they can't use the lifts. The thought bubble pops up, indicating that it's not possible to move there (steps and a red cross). Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 2 of 58 (7,916 Views)

@KoalaPandaa and @chidimmaa  I've moved your posts to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 58 (7,901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

also having this issue

Message 5 of 58 (7,827 Views)

Re: University BUG

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anyone with this issue willing to share their save ?

Did you have any holidays happening that spawned gnomes ?

@gbvno11  @Outdated_Garlic  @PakkasParkers  @chidimmaa 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 58 (7,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. I have to use cheats to make my sim teleport outside. Also in the smallest bedroom no one can get in so one sim keeps collapsing on the floor from being too tired. Also my sims seem to be getting stuck as the roommates seem to be in bad moods all the time and say that they can’t move. It’s making it really difficult to enjoy this game

Message 7 of 58 (7,793 Views)

★★ Novice

I can, but I'm not sure how to share it. Also, I don't think so. I started off in Winter and went into Spring for a few days I think Gnomes are for Harvestfest in Fall?

Message 8 of 58 (7,735 Views)

Hero
@chidimmaa Yeah unless you made a custom one that had gnomes

To share, upload your save to google drive or one drive and pm me the link. Further instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 58 (7,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too, I tried with three diferent save files and all are the same, with every single dorm lot from university, both Foxfury and Britechester. I have changed all lots from ones on the gallery, and it's still the same, and it's not that gnome error, didn't reach the holiday yet. 

Message 10 of 58 (7,689 Views)