Re: CAS names change

by RavenclawDragon7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS names change

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Every time I make a new character in CAS, or just go into CAS from the game I'm playing, all the names get mixed up and messed up. Sometimes the names completely disappear, and the name defaults back to Sim 1, and other times, when I'm creating or editing sims in families consisting of multiple sims, the names change to someone else in their family. For example, if I was playing a family with 2 sims, Ted Hooper and Eugene Hooper, if I edited Ted, his name would become Eugene Hooper. Also, this started happening just after the most recent patch.

Message 1 of 11 (2,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had the same problem, but after the removal and repair of this mode

<link removed>

of the game is alright

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,197 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

The name thing has been driving me nuts! In addition, when I open Game Options, all the possible category names display as "Label Name". For example in the categories that would usually be Visual Effects, Lighting, Laptop Mode, etc. just show as "Label Name". The tabs in the Gallery are labelled as "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".  The w's are not a typo. Those two things have only been happening since the 7/10 update. Before the update I also found that my the daughter of two of my sims was born with amber eyes, but the next time I played the game her eyes would be blue; neither of the parent sims had blue eyes. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had the same problem, but after the removal and repair of this mode

<link removed>

of the game is alright

Message 3 of 11 (2,198 Views)

Hero

This is caused by a mod.

Please remove your mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay thanks! Standard smile

Removing this mod worked Standard smile

Message 5 of 11 (2,021 Views)

★ Novice

Oh my goodness! Thank you SO MUCH! I been trying to figure this out for days. And your option worked. Thanks for sharing Standard smile

Message 6 of 11 (2,005 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi my game is doing the name change thing too but it has been since the last update of the game. I do not use mod or custom content it happens when I use the cheat codes like cas.fulledit mode and testing cheats is used.
Message 7 of 11 (1,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Rosella_violet

Could you try repairing your game ?

If it still occurs,  please start a new thread

This is really old

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

I saved my household to the gallery and placed it in my new game. I moved to my other family and found that the dad (I think his name is Tom) now has his daughters name. 

Packs: Parenthood, Spa Day, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, City Living, Get Together

Extra info: I update my game on the 12th and 13th to add Spa Day, Get Together and Movie Hangout. The game also updated to include the Cats and Dogs update as I had been putting it off after seeing glitches. 

2018-01-17

Message 9 of 11 (1,810 Views)

Hero

Please see my answer above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,804 Views)