CAS items tagged wrongly

by Gwiniel

Original Post

CAS items tagged wrongly

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except: Fashion Street, Modern Menswear, Carnaval Streetwear and First Fits kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS, make a sim and use the clothing items showed in pictures.
What happens when the bug occurs? The supposedly base game items tag your household with packs.
What do you expect to see? Not getting tagged by packs I didn't use. I expect filters to work correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Some CAS items under base game filter gives pack tags on sims after being saved to library. They don't show the tags on the items. It's very hard to create base game only things when the in game tags aren't accurate at all. Haven't created anything base game only in CAS for a long time so have no idea when these items have become wrongly tagged.

Base game family I made according to filters. Had 3 packs. The pack info to show used items showed nothing in all 3 packs.

Base game family has pack tags.jpg

Had to painstakingly go through item by item after discovering which sims gave the tag marks.... 1st item is this female teen top: gives Get Famous pack tag.

Get famous tagging top.jpg

2nd item are these female boots giving City Living tag.

Base game shoes tags as City living.jpg

And 3rd item is female beanie giving Get to Work tag.

Get to work tagging hat.jpg

After removing those 3 items, my base game family is no longer tagged.

Items removed no tags.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (718 Views)

Re: CAS items tagged wrongly

Hero
@Gwiniel These are usually swatches that came with a pack. Have you tested if the default style also tags it ?

Unfortunately the swatches are not tagged so you don't really know which tags are from which pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (710 Views)

Re: CAS items tagged wrongly

★★★★ Guide

Platform:PC / English / Version:1.91.186.1030 / Packs:All expansions excluding HSY, and others / MOD&CC:Never used

@Gwiniel 

I have an idea about this glitch. Those are colors that are added by installing the Packs. That 3 items' colors are not in base game. Was tagged because of using the packs' color.

2022y09m04d_050322080_Merge.jpg  2022y09m04d_050713814_MergeBase.jpg

And @crinrict  wrote: Have you tested if the default style also tags it ?

But if once was tagged, the tags can not be off. I changed the all clothes of a sim already playing to the clothes of base game. In default style. But the sim down loaded in My Library had a pack's tag before change clothes. It was not happened a sim that new created with same packs condition. It's similar to the case when the wall and floor painted over with another color in Buy/Build mode.

2022y09m04d_061253739_Merged.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (625 Views)