Re: CAS Play with genetics - no other sim in household

by ArchAngel1294

Original Post

CAS Play with genetics - no other sim in household

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a newly married couple, and went into CAS through edit household. With one of the couple clicked (doesn't matter which one), I went into Play with Genetics, to add a child of that sim. Except it said that there was no other sim available in the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? I had a newly married couple, and went into CAS. With one of the couple clicked (doesn't matter which one), I went into Play with Genetics, to add a child of that sim. Except it said that there was no other sim available in the household.
What do you expect to see? When in Play with Genetics, I should be able to select the other sim in the married couple, and therefore randomize genetic children from both of them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had a couple marry very recently (two sim days ago). I went into CAS through edit household. I clicked on one of the couple, then went into play with genetics to make their child. But it wouldn't let me select the other sim to complete the genetics. The same thing happens when I start by clicking the other sim in the couple, and if I use cheats to go into cas.fulleditmode.

The pets play with genetics works fine. It's only this particular couple - play with genetics works fine with my other couples. They're not cousins, and they can try for baby in game, so I don't know why this is happening.

I have no CC or mods.

Message 1 of 7 (3,311 Views)

Hero
@ArchAngel1294 Does it also happen through the household manager ?

For me both works fine.

Could you test with another couple ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,292 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

As I explained in my first post, this is happening through household manager, and it works fine with other couples.

I have done a repair of the game but still have this problem.

I saved the family to my library, and then placed a copy into another lot - it works fine with this new copy. So there must be a glitch with the this particular family. I don't want to just use the copy, because I don't think they'd have the family links to the other households. I will try using cheats to unmarry them and marry them again, maybe.

Message 3 of 7 (3,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ArchAngel1294 Sounds very random then. Maybe something about their relationship is broken

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me a lot did u ever get a solution??

Message 5 of 7 (2,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug also happened on me randomly, no matter whether the sims are married or not. Enter CAS via both household manager and closet could meet this problem. I also found out that new-created sims won't have this bug. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you use cc or mods and use the columns mod where you can add more columns in CAS, go into your mods file and find that package folder (just type columns in your search and it should pop up) and delete it. Redownload it, the columns mod has since been updated since the infants update and it was the reason my CAS was doing the same thing yours is.

Message 7 of 7 (1,493 Views)