CAS - Occult Eyes gone, Elf Ears gone, Spellcaster more Human than Occult?!

by ReeneSeewyn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS - Occult Eyes gone, Elf Ears gone, Spellcaster more Human than Occult?!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date as of 15th of March 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them exept for Tiny Living and Machino Pack (sorry if spelled wrong)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into CAS as a Spellcaster, especially the sims you haven't created yourself, like second gens or later, or pre-made sims (made by the Sims-team) like Morgyn Ember.
What happens when the bug occurs? Occult Eyes are completely gone, only human eyes are available. Even if a child inherits their parent's occult eyes, they dissappear if you change the child's haircolor (not if you change the hairstyle itself, only the haircolor), or when they age up. I had a toddler with beautiful yellow eyes, and was devastated when they lost their true eye color. Even if I go into CAS with the code cas.fulleditmode enabled I can't choose the occult eyecolors. Only human colors show. I can't choose to give my sims elf ears either. The only options I have are normal human ears, even if they are occult sims (Spellcaster especially).
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use every CAS feature if I have cas.fulleditmode enabled, even if the sim is an occult sim or not. I can understand to some degree that some features are locked based on the sim's race (occult or not), but when I have the code enabled, I expect to be able to edit the sims however I want. Elf ears - unlocked. Occult eyes - unlocked. (Vampire) Facial features - unlocked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Because what if I want to create a special story for my sims? What if I want to make a "story" where a Spellcaster has used too much Dark Magic (Untamed) and his facial features has become distorted, creepy or outright sickly/ugly? These features are found in Vampire occult sims, but not anywhere else. So making a creepy Spellcaster is impossible.

There are a lot of issues with Spellcasters and CAS, but I expect them to actually be fixed. It has been a while since Realm of Magic came out. Several packs have come out since it's release, so the fact that this has taken THIS long is kind of unbelievable...

And why is it that only occult sims can have special facial features like cool eyes or elf ears? Sometimes I just want to make an elf without special magical powers or a need for blood. Just a normal elf. I want to make handcrafted stories and "Occult-specific" CAS-features are putting a stopper for that.

Also, while I'm at it, wouldn't it be better to choose the race for the sim on the little bar on top of traits where the occult races show up? It can say Human, or Vampire, or Mermaid, etc... depending on your choice. That way you don't have to make a completely new sim because you forgot to make them into a Vampire/Spellcaster/Mermaid/etc... an hour or more into the creation of your sim, saving a lot of irritation and torment (and broken computers). And the first Sim you get when you first start a Create a Sim is ALWAYS human, making it really easy to forget.

At this rate, I might as well retort to CC or Mods, because I am desperate, annoyed and out of options. So please fix these things, and quick.

Message 1 of 8 (4,986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CAS - Occult Eyes gone, Elf Ears gone, Spellcaster more Human than Occult?!

Hero
@ReeneSeewyn

Thread for ears is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Spellcaster-s-pointed-ears-not-showing-up-in-Live-Mode/...

For the eyes: This picture shows what you should see: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ROM-Spellcaster-eyes-not-working-properly/m-p/8532858#M1... .. if there are non, have you tried repairing the game yet ? I can't seem them on children but not sure if that's a bug or not. They did remove some of the eyes that weren't working so maybe that's the issue ? For me, the occult eyes for vamps for example show up on spellcasters teen and up.

Maybe you could post a picture of what you're seeing ?

For the rest as to why only certain features are available for occult, it's best to use the feedback forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (4,924 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ReeneSeewyn

Thread for ears is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Spellcaster-s-pointed-ears-not-showing-up-in-Live-Mode/...

For the eyes: This picture shows what you should see: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ROM-Spellcaster-eyes-not-working-properly/m-p/8532858#M1... .. if there are non, have you tried repairing the game yet ? I can't seem them on children but not sure if that's a bug or not. They did remove some of the eyes that weren't working so maybe that's the issue ? For me, the occult eyes for vamps for example show up on spellcasters teen and up.

Maybe you could post a picture of what you're seeing ?

For the rest as to why only certain features are available for occult, it's best to use the feedback forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,925 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi.

Ears show up in Live Mode, but in CAS they aren't to be found, even if they are a teen, young adult or older. I can go into Detailed Edit as much as I want, but they will not show up or drag the way I want them to (in this case Elf Ears, of course)

With children and toddlers, I can understand that eyecolors are limited (though I think it's stupid...), but even if they grow up into Young Adults, these features are still gone and nowhere to be found. My Spellcaster Sim (in CAS) is more Human than Spellcaster and all features related to the occult are gone. 

I have tried repairing it several times, but nothing has changed. I will try again, but I don't think it will have any effect.

And about screenshots, I'll try getting them.

Thank you for your help Standard smile

~ReeneSeewyn

Message 3 of 8 (4,903 Views)

Hero
@ReeneSeewyn Yeah, the ears do seem to have an issue but please use the linked thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ReeneSeewyn I had a similar experience. Any solution yet? I had a beautiful baby as part of my 100 baby challenge, with gorgeous spellcaster eyes. At some point they glitched out. Even with full edit on I can't access occult eyes. She can do magic, but just looks human. Am I doing something wrong?
Message 5 of 8 (4,508 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the exact same problem. I had twins of spellcaster who each had different spellcaster eyes but exactly as described i changed the hair color and the eyes disappeared. I thought it would come back as they got older but now they are teens with only human eyes, skin, and ear options available. In the live, i can see the girl has small elf ears, but they disappear in CAS and there are no options to select them. 

Really hoping this gets fixed as i loved the different eye and skin options! 

Message 6 of 8 (4,463 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My ears are inheriting very nicely but I had at least one toddler who had the caster eyes that they lost upon becoming a child.  They are an adult now and I am unable to change them back in CAS.  I have tried at every life stage for this particular sim.

Message 7 of 8 (4,268 Views)

Community Manager
Hi folks,

Please use the linked threads in the pinned post to continue the conversation using the relevant existing threads. I'll close this in the mean time.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (4,228 Views)