Original Post

CAR SMG - Ammo Crafting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? xJoshPointOh
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any Fabricator
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Crafting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Anytime
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Unsure if this is a bug, by design, or unintended design flaw by Respawn due to base game logic not perfectly meshing with their new feature of one Gun using multiple ammo types. Anyway, here’s the scenario. You have a CAR SMG set to heavy, you want to use it as a light weapon, and have no Light ammo to change to the Light ammo type or vice versa. You go to craft Light Ammo but the fabricator is programmed to just craft the ammo based on the ammo types of your equipped guns. You cannot change the CAR SMG ammo type to Light if you have no Light Ammo in your inventory. So you cannot craft light ammo for the CAR SMG.
What should be happening instead? Up to Respawn how to implement or fix this. Or if it even needs a change.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a CAR SMG set to one ammo type. Have none of the other in your inventory. Try to craft the ammo type you have none of in the fabricator.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this report. As I stated I’m unsure if this is a real bug or not. If it’s how it’s supposed to be and Respawn doesn’t see a need to adjust this just let me know and I’ll just delete the post

Message 1 of 4 (300 Views)

Re: CAR SMG - Ammo Crafting

Community Manager

@iJoshPointOh Thanks for the post, I think this is as designed. I'll try to find out to be sure. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David I think we should be able to toggle the fire mode even when you don't have any Light ammo. Currently, there's no way to ping the light ammo to ask teammates when you have zero rounds left in the inventory and magazine. Unfortunately, this constraint ruins one of the best characteristics of the CAR SMG.
Message 3 of 4 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ymkjpGood addition to this. I had just run into this issue the other day. I agree and don’t really see a reason why they wouldn’t do it that way. 

Message 4 of 4 (192 Views)