CANNOT CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS

by TrevorS88

Original Post

CANNOT CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS

★★★★ Novice

I cannot connect to other players it had been 3 days now and support has done nothing I went from top 100 in hut champions to 2000s because I couldn't play anyone I can get into hut I can do all other game.modes in hut except play other online players. I have made 3 cases about it and my most recent being 72385926 I'm so pissed off with the lack of any help from ea or the fact that heaven forbid you ask for any sort of compensation for the bug on ears end because I can play all my.other online games no issues but any ea game I cannot get back to me I'm pissed

Message 1 of 21 (1,381 Views)

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS

Community Manager

Hello, @TrevorS88 

What is your max ping set to? Also, keep in mind that when you're in the top 100, you'll have a much smaller pool of people to play against so it's going to be harder to find an opponent.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 21 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is not the case I have had zero issues I cannot connect to players even in hut rivals I also cannot connect to players in Apex legends but I can play cod with people or gta 5 online only games I can't connect to other players is ea games I have opend ports I have reset my console reset my router Uninstaller and reinstalled the game in the end it is something on your end stopping from happening and I got screwed by an ea bug

Message 3 of 21 (1,342 Views)

Community Manager

@TrevorS88 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 21 (1,335 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has already been done I have spoke to your support team 3 days in a row this is now day 4 of you guys thinking power cycling helps I have done every single one of your steps this does not fix the issue 

Message 5 of 21 (1,333 Views)

Community Manager

@TrevorS88 

Can you list every troubleshooting step you've tried so we don't repeat them?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 21 (1,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have power cycled completely unplugged router and modem and Xbox 

I have opened all ports

My nat type is open

I am a wired connection 

I have Uninstalled and re installed the game

I have cleared the cache 

Cleared the alternate Mac address 

Ran a uc tracing 

Short of creating a new Xbox live account u have done everything 

Message 7 of 21 (1,305 Views)

Community Manager

@TrevorS88 

Try using alternate DNS settings. From the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 21 (1,301 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also tried changing the dns settings I have done everything under the sun that I can do to try and fix this I'm at the point where I can only create a new account but that leaves me without my pre order bonus and all my progress I have made in hut 

Message 9 of 21 (1,294 Views)

Community Manager

@TrevorS88 

Try deleting your gamertag off your console and add it again. Also, do you use a custom gamerpic? If so, try removing it and using a default one.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 21 (1,289 Views)