Re: "Buy 3 items" tasks increased. Is this a bug?

by EA_DragonsEye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[By design] - "Buy 3 items" tasks increased

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Tab S6
OS Version Android 11
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at recent past daily tasks.
What do you expect to see? I don't expect to see tasks requiring me to purchase items every single day.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

During the last festival, many players complained about the tasks that required us to buy items in order to claim festival tickets and llamas. We don't like that we are required to spend simoleons. The only workarounds to a cluttered and/or very expensive inventory are to spend yet more simoleons to replace a daily task, or to skip the task and miss out on llama tokens. Many people have started to stuff their inventories with the cheapest items in the game, even using spare lots to fill with unwanted furniture. No one that I've seen is happy about it. It's gotten worse over the past 8 or 9 days, when we suddenly went from getting this type of task every few days to every single day.

Considering how much people have been complaining about feeling cheated by these tasks and desperately wanting a way to sell back, gift, recycle or destroy unwanted items, it seems like this increase in these tasks must be a bug. I can't imagine why they would be deliberately increased in response to the many complaints.

Message 1 of 4 (840 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @EnbySim13 ! This is not a bug but a design issue. 
This has been reported to the studio as feedback and they are aware that it is becoming quite frustrating to our player base. 
There are plans to adjust this feature but I do not have ETA on when that will happen.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (805 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @EnbySim13 ! This is not a bug but a design issue. 
This has been reported to the studio as feedback and they are aware that it is becoming quite frustrating to our player base. 
There are plans to adjust this feature but I do not have ETA on when that will happen.

Message 2 of 4 (806 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye Thanks for responding! I know that I'm far from the only player who will be thrilled to see improvement here. Honestly, the purchase tasks are awful in general, but if they won't get rid of that task type entirely, maybe they can stop specifying the category and allow CAS purchases to count. Reducing the number from three to one would also be a big improvement.
Message 3 of 4 (789 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I completely agree. I’ve stopped buying these mandatory items UNLESS I am planning on something anyway. I’d rather just go without the rewards. I have countless garbage cans, cheap mirrors and cheap chairs/end tables  in my inventory and and tired of it. 

Message 4 of 4 (560 Views)