by tankbear3840

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[By design] - XL Sturdy Concrete Column doesn't auto-shorten

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Android
OS Version 7.1.2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set "XL Sturdy Concrete Column" (or other XL Column object) close to the wall then exit Buy/Build mode.
What do you expect to see? Auto-shorten like as non-XL column and "cozy home pillar".
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

Maybe not a bug.
Now the non-XL column can be automatically shortened when close to the house like as "cozy home pillar", I love it! but  XL edition not apply.

I tried all orientation but not working because it is a special type for 1st+2nd floor?

Message 1 of 7 (1,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: XL Sturdy Concrete Column doesn't auto-shorten

Community Manager (retired)

Hi! Columns are not supposed to shorten to help with the view. The "Cozy Home Pillar" Is considered a decorative element instead of a building one that is why that hides to help with the view whilst the columns do not. This may be subject to change as this is being reported as feedback that players would like them to shorten.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,168 Views)

All Replies

Hi @tankbear3840! Thanks for your report! I just asked the team if they are supposed to auto-shorten or not

Message 2 of 7 (1,194 Views)

Hi! Columns are not supposed to shorten to help with the view. The "Cozy Home Pillar" Is considered a decorative element instead of a building one that is why that hides to help with the view whilst the columns do not. This may be subject to change as this is being reported as feedback that players would like them to shorten.

Message 3 of 7 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DragonsEye Hi! I uploaded 2 new screenshots.
We can see that the column will be shortened if your orientation correct, but nothing happens to XL.
Also, the column can't set on 2nd floor outside, even you have 1 column under it.
Thx reply!

Message 4 of 7 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

XL Reclaimed Timber Column also doesn't auto-shorten vs. the standard Reclaimed Timber Column (see pic)

D.png

Message 5 of 7 (1,078 Views)

Hi! I will bring it again back to the team, thanks for the extra screenshots and the patience!

Message 6 of 7 (1,052 Views)

@tankbear3840@ani_fl00 , it is because the XL and XXL pillars go all the way up to multiple storeys that they don't hide. However this has been passed as feedback, and may be changed/condsidered in the future

Message 7 of 7 (1,033 Views)