by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[By design] - Festival tickets granted when land expansion task is completed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 6th Gen
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to 326 Emerald Drive in the next day and a half, see the land expansion waiting to be cleared, go to Seasonal Tasks, notice the task is still there
What do you expect to see? The 500 points for carrying out the task added to my totals
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

I purchased a land expansion last night to pick 2051ED90-D226-47F3-9E29-D2AAC3D7782B.pngup the points for that Seasonal Task in the current Festival. After activating the land clear, nothing happened. I did not get the points for having done that. Do you have to wait the 2 days in this case for it to complete for it to count? Because I’m not sure how I’d prove I did it once it’s cleared if I don’t get the points then. 

This land expansion is taking place at 326 Emerald Drive, and the lot was bulldozed before the Japanese Villa was placed. There is no one living there yet, just visiting. 

I worked my Sims around the clock for 2 days with long and short shifts to save up for this, so it’s very disappointing. I would have loved to clear that off my to do list. 

Just so no one gets taken by surprise, I am going to EA Help next about my two other very serious recent bug reports that have been disregarded by the EA Team here. You should be able to see them on this page. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.👍 
-Candida
EA4589E7-0E26-4C3A-BCDB-565902E49F80.png

Message 1 of 7 (1,006 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Land Expansion - Festival Seasonal Task Not Honoured

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 You’ll get the prize tickets when the land expansion is done and you click the check mark on it.

There’s still good amount of days left on this season, so you’ll be fine. 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (984 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 You’ll get the prize tickets when the land expansion is done and you click the check mark on it.

There’s still good amount of days left on this season, so you’ll be fine. 😊

Message 2 of 7 (985 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks, @Ilois4. Appreciate knowing that.😊 I’ll report back so people are aware.

Message 3 of 7 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hi guys, I waited for the land purchase to be completed, and @lois4 is right, you get your points at completion, not purchase. So if you’re doing this task towards the end of the Festival, and time is a factor, you will need to keep that in mind.
To the developers, it may be an idea to change the wording from “Purchase”, to “Complete a Land Expansion”, just to cover that eventuality and leave no room for misunderstanding. For me, I’m aware that Expansions can take time, but because it said “Purchase”, I did assume I was good to go once I’d plunked my Simoleons down.😄 Getting your points at completion makes more sense, though, I agree (By Design), it just didn’t come across that way for me, so some others might run into the same confusion. 

Hope this helps!

P.S. For all those amazing Simmimg decorators out there I’ve met, and for lovers of Yam’s House, I’m not leaving the Christmas fireplace there! I just had nowhere to put it, it’s not Christmas, and I recently won it and love it.😊 

Yamachan and his newlywed wife are about to have their first baby.😭😉 I will post pics. Seriously, I will! You might recognize them, but it’s a moment in time for me! 

0AEA0C07-73BD-473A-8C6F-18DB0AAC310B.jpeg0DC2BDDC-DC30-4D25-B167-E1467B3CBC08.png

Message 4 of 7 (913 Views)

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 True, the wording could be better due to the waiting time.

Buying a new lot or floor takes time to complete and at least for the lot I had to wait a week. I think for the new floor it would work with same logic. (I didn’t wait for that task to show up, I just bought the new floor as soon as my new lot was available to build.)

Message 5 of 7 (896 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Ilois4 That’s interesting. I thought you got your storeys right away. It’s been so long since I put one on I’ve forgotten. I’m dying to put a fourth storey on my main house, I want to do an indoor greenhouse with some of the stonework you can put inside. And I desperately need a second bedroom. Everyone (the full 8 Sims) is using just the one right now!😬😂
Message 6 of 7 (877 Views)

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 There’s some wait for the 2nd floor but I think it was hours, don’t remember anymore. 😄 3rd floor was 2 days wait.

Message 7 of 7 (853 Views)