by rori623

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buy menu won’t disappear

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.11.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available for PS5 except decor the max, menswear, and fashion street style kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter build mode in any capacity
What happens when the bug occurs? The buy menu when in build mode will not disappear when toggled
What do you expect to see? I should be able to hit circle when menu is selected to toggle the visibility of the menu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug started happening after I downloaded the most recent update

Message 1 of 19 (2,280 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buy menu won’t disappear

Community Manager

Hi @rori623,

The build/buy catalog now stays open by default with this most recent update:

"Now the Catalog is opened by default and STAYS open as you grab items and interact with the lot. You no longer need to reopen the Catalog and re-navigate to the menu you were in every. single. time."

You can read up a bit more on the changes that were made to build/buy mode in the patch notes here.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (2,223 Views)

All Replies

When i use build mode it wont downsize so i can see whole screen.

★★★ Novice

Every time ive played sims ive been able to put away the items and just see the house or the rooms without any thing on the right side. Now when i press the button to put it away it doesnt.

the left side is fine but the right side used to go away after i pressed circle. Now it wont.

Message 2 of 19 (2,245 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rori623,

The build/buy catalog now stays open by default with this most recent update:

"Now the Catalog is opened by default and STAYS open as you grab items and interact with the lot. You no longer need to reopen the Catalog and re-navigate to the menu you were in every. single. time."

You can read up a bit more on the changes that were made to build/buy mode in the patch notes here.

solaire.png

Message 3 of 19 (2,224 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@rori623 Hi, unfortunately this is part of the most recent update.
Message 4 of 19 (2,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That's unfortunate... I had hoped it was a mistake and would be fixed. I had a full blown meltdown over this newest update, due to this issue, and among other in game issues. Build mode was my favorite activity. Now I dread having to build as the bar at bottom cuts visibility and is just over all in the way, for detail placing. Selling has become a four step process (click, set, reclick, triangle). Rotating objects requires the same (click, set, reclick, rotate). Can't click down through item list when trying to choose an item. Must use curser to grab side bar to scroll, and can't just click on the item and choose color. Have to make it a point to click on color line (left side of item picture) to choose color, or set the item down then click square on the item to change color. Aside from ruining build mode, the game CRASHES anytime I try to invite another sim to current lot. Guess I have to go back to sims 2, pre- online days, to avoid all these unnecessary and discomforting changes EA insists on making to this game. I'll miss the open world but this isn't worth the stress. I just want to enjoy my game.
Message 5 of 19 (2,171 Views)

Community Manager

@Tankgi 

The crashing issue is something we're currently investigating, please be sure to add your info to the thread here to help the team track this further.

As for feedback on the most recent update, the team is also currently reviewing thoughts and concerns on these changes, please feel free to add any feedback you have on the new controls in the thread here

solaire.png

Message 6 of 19 (2,110 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Solaire Please get rid of it, the new update for console is horrendous. Clearly this wasn’t tested by console players because I’m pretty sure all of them would have said it’s beyond awful.
Message 7 of 19 (2,103 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's terrible news, because it's awful and I absolutely hate everything about it

Message 8 of 19 (2,093 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem is, we can no longer scroll using the arrow buttons and I can't seem to even select a different version of a buy item ie: a blue chair rather than a red chair of the same kind. 

Also can't scroll down to any new items. The game is unplayable now. 

Message 9 of 19 (2,078 Views)

How close catalog menu

★★★ Newbie

On Xbox how to I now close the catalog menu

Message 10 of 19 (2,080 Views)