by TYtanic01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Butler won't cook

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask butler to cook meal or family meal.
What happens when the bug occurs? 50% of the price of a meal/family meal is discounted from the household's money and a notification pops up saying that the butler couldn't carry out the order
What do you expect to see? The butler cooks a meal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello! Can anyone help me? I do have cc and mods on, but I don't think that's the issue. My Sims can cook perfectly fine and none of my mods affects the butler 

Message 1 of 5 (8,051 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Butler won't cook

★★★★ Novice

Hey! So sorry for the late reply. I was using a cc fridge and stove and after replacing them with original ones it worked. Sorry for bothering! Could've guessed it earlier lol

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (7,958 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TYtanic01 There's an open report for family meals: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-VGSP-Butler-doesn-t-cook-family-meals/td-p/9193681

As for the others, please do test without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (8,022 Views)

Hero
@TYtanic01 Did you get to test if the butler cooks if you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (7,988 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey! So sorry for the late reply. I was using a cc fridge and stove and after replacing them with original ones it worked. Sorry for bothering! Could've guessed it earlier lol

Message 4 of 5 (7,959 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah happens with me I playing the Villareal household, penalty of counter space, and the "poor" butler cannot carry out the order because "not enough space" and seriously their is plenty of empty of counters to perform the task.

Message 5 of 5 (7,044 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help