Business career - Dirty Money pop-up

by marianlarsen

Original Post

Business career - Dirty Money pop-up

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journy To Batuu, My Wedding Stories, Bust The Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Street Fashion, Modern Menswear, Blooming Rooms, Carnival Streetwear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have at least one sim in the business career.
What happens when the bug occurs? After sim is promoted to Office Assistant, the "Dirty Money" pop-up shows up.
What do you expect to see? My sim succeeding in the business career without having to be corrupt.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started the "Powerful Couple" scenario, and on their first day of work I got thie "Dirty Money" pop up. I chose the honest option, "Turn in the papers", and they both got fired. I restarted their career, and got them promoted to Office Assistant. The "Dirty Money" pop-up showed up again, now on their second work day (first day after being promoted). I chose the honest option, "turn in the papers" and my sims lost their job again. There is no way to suceed in the busniss career unless you choose to "loose the papers".

I think this bug appeared after the most recent update, 02/15/22, but it's been a while since I last played the businss carrer, so I'm not 100% sure.

Message 1 of 20 (7,402 Views)

Re: Business career - Dirty Money pop-up

★★★ Pro

@marianlarsen It's not a bug it says when the pop up comes up that turning the papers in will cause your Sims to lose their job but gain money and fame it's something that was shipped in get famous it's always been like that.

Message 2 of 20 (7,366 Views)

★★ Guide
@Rachelharris31 Yes, I know that turning in the papers results in loosing your job. I know it’s meant to function like that.

But the problem is that this pop-up always comes up at that point in the career, no matter how many times I restart their career. Resulting in no other option than for my sims to be corrupt if I want them to succeed.
Message 3 of 20 (7,308 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Do you only have these three results ? I mean you could just have been very unlucky.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (7,281 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I have restarted their career again. I’ll wait and see what happens.
Message 5 of 20 (7,279 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict The «Dirty Money» pop-up showed up again today, on my sims second work day, first day after being promoted.

Aren’t these pop-ups supposed to happen at random, and not at the exact point every time? How do I succeed in the business career without being corrupt? 

To complete the «Powerful Couple» scenario, I can’t choose a different career for my sims.

I added photos of the pop-up, but they are in Norwegian.

Message 6 of 20 (7,210 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen did they get fired again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (7,175 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, my sims got fired again.
Message 8 of 20 (7,133 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen OK. Hopefully someone else that has this can also chime in so we get more data :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (7,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@marianlarsen You will always get this pop-up during the early levels of the Business career because both sims are in the spotlight. The only way to prevent this pop-up from appearing is to make sure both sims quit the spotlight via their fame info or in the pack settings. Though I experienced a bug where this pop-up may appear even though my sim already quitted the spotlight, however, any decision I made doesn't cause any consequences.

Message 10 of 20 (7,045 Views)