Re: Business Career: Investment track: Invest in Stocks: Money gone forever

by crinrict

Original Post

Business Career: Investment track: Invest in Stocks: Money gone forever

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Carreer:Business:Investment track use the "Invest in Stocks" interaction on the pc and invest 5000 Simoleons. the way it is normaly: the interaction gets grayed out and the money is deducted from the sims account. after some time, there is a payout of some money + interest or loss and you get a message telling you if it was a good investment. then the interaciton becomes available again.
What happens when the bug occurs? 100% of the Money is gone forever. There is never a payout, or a message what happened to the money. It does not happen all the time but in approximately 80% of the time I tried it. I lost 30.000 Simoleons in total because of this.
What do you expect to see? the interaction gets grayed out and the money is deducted from the sims account. after some time, there is a payout of some money + interest or loss and you get a message telling you if it was a good investment. then the interaciton becomes available again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Carreer:Business:Investment track use the "Invest in Stocks" interaction on the pc and invest 5000 Simoleons.

the way it is normaly:

the interaction gets grayed out and the money is deducted from the sims account. after some time, there is a payout of some money + interest or loss and you get a message telling you if it was a good investment. then the interaciton becomes available again.

the way it is in my game : 

100% of the Money is gone forever. There is never a payout, or a message what happened to the money.

It does not happen all the time but in approximately 80% of the time I tried it. I lost 30.000 Simoleons in total because of this.

Message 1 of 8 (3,238 Views)

Hero

@GeistSdD  Just to be sure I understand correctly.  Sometimes you get the positive wall post response where you the investment pans out and you get the investment + interest back.  So that is working ok, but otherwise you get nothing and no notices as far as you know.

So, what it sounds like it that you are having a lot of negative responses and losing your money but you're not seeing any wall post responses.  When that happens for me, I do get a wall post saying that it was a bad investment and I lost my money.  Whether you make or lose money each time is random and I have streaks where I do well and make money and other times lose money so you could be on a streak of bad investments.  You should be getting pop ups either way though.

So the question I have is:  Have you checked your wall posts using the icon (next to the save icon) in the upper right corner to see if you are getting notices and just not seeing them when they pop up.  When you get several wall notices at the same or close to the same time, you might not see all of them unless you look at the wall because they will cover each other since the latest is always the back one.  The wall will hold the last 200 or so pop ups you received until you clear the wall by deleting the posts.  

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 8 (3,192 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @GeistSdD - I'm going to try to test this, but wonder if you can give me a couple more details. When the money just disappears, is the interaction still grayed out? Does it become active again? When it works, when do you get the message? (In my game, it takes about 1 sim-week before there is an announcement)

Message 3 of 8 (3,175 Views)

Hero
@GeistSdD Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (3,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow 

Hello, 

When it works usualy you get the message that you gain money from your investment, within 2-3 days. ( i think its work days but i'm not sure) 

until the message appears  the interaction will stay greyed out. After the message it will be active again. 

If it does not work, it will stay greyed out for the same period of time. Then it will become active again. But there will be no message, and you will get no money back at all.

I have not experienced this with investing 1000 or 2000 simoleons only when using 5000 simoleon. 

In my game I have switched to 1000 simoleon investmens for some time. Did it for 2-3 ingame weeks. Then I tried the 5000 Simoleon investment again and I had no bug since then.

I now can use 5000 Simoleon invests again in my game. 

@CGrant56 

"When that happens for me, I do get a wall post saying that it was a bad investment and I lost my money. "

thats the way it should work. But I got no message and usualy you do not loose all money, you get at least a few simoleons back from bad investens. 

Message 5 of 8 (3,075 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GeistSdD - Thanks for getting back to me! Since I've run a few tests now, I found that it takes 48 sim-hours from the time the investment was made. So, in my tests, the sim invested at 10:20 pm on Mon and I get the results notification and simoleans on Wed at 10:20 pm. Unfortunately(?) so far, I can't get my sim to make a bad investment! Standard smile 

I'm going to run a few more tests and see if I can get my investor to fail a couple of times lol. 

I'm glad your game is back to working properly. No telling for sure what glitched there, but I'm glad you are no longer experiencing it.

Message 6 of 8 (3,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have looked at what you suggest, and it is completely unreliable! How can I suggest investing money in nowhere? A couple of years ago, I also wanted to start a business or invest money, but I didn't know where. I decided to seek help and support and found an article about financial advisors. I was surprised that there are people who help you manage your money. They have helped me a lot, and I advise you to try not to lose money. I applied here and advise those who want to invest and earn money to apply here for yourmoneygeek.com.

Message 7 of 8 (2,956 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just a quick update - I managed to fail a couple of the 5000 simolean investments, and got the pop-up about "at least they got their original investment back" or something along those lines. I've been unable to replicate no money returned at all, or no pop-up.

Message 8 of 8 (2,922 Views)