Re: Build mode question and suggestion.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build mode question and suggestion.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Okay this isn't really a bug per se but I did want to make a topic about it. I build a lot of houses that have attic type rooms that are located within the confines of the roof itself. The problem is is that when your placing items in those attic rooms inside the roof you can't see what your doing because there's no way to hide the roof from your view unless you go into walls down mode. In essence if your trying to place say the toilet paper dispenser on the wall it won't let you place it where you want unless you have your view set to walls up in which case you can't see the room because there'a roof in the way and you can't zoom in close enough to see past the roof tiles. Also with painting a room, the only option is the go around the room and click on the tiny bit of wall you can see in cutaway mode and hope you can get all the surfaces painted. It's also necessary to have a sim living in your home while your constructing it because you can't see certain things unless you go into live mode (which hides the roof and you can see the entire area without the roof blocking your view.) I don't know if this makes sense or not unless you build similar homes but I do remember (as I still play it from time to time) how much easier it was to do attic style rooms in the Sims2, the attic rooms were more visible in build mode and you could see what you were doing.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah137/omk358/Cutawayview_zps1f941853.jpg A photo of what I'm describing.

I also think the game needs the option of having more than 3 floors. If you want to build say a victorian mansion, it's kind of hard to do that when your limited to only 3 floors, but it's still possible if you can work a bit of magic (using 10 or more roof elements, etc.)

One more thing, it would be useful if you could delete individual floor tiles instead of having to delete the entire floor. I know there is a work around with enclosing the space you want to delete and then delete those walls but it's a big counter intuitive. And finally when you have multiple roof elements that make up interior walls, it would be nice to be able to paint the exact wall section you want instead of it autofilling and in some cases painting your exterior walls as well.

Again, not really bugs per se, but more things that could be improved. If anyone has any suggestions they are welcomed and thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (1,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Heya,

For feedback it's best to use the feedback thread over at official Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776344/the-sims-4-feedback-thread-come-share-yours

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,345 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Heya,

For feedback it's best to use the feedback thread over at official Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776344/the-sims-4-feedback-thread-come-share-yours

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,346 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, okay thanks. I went ahead and posted it over there.

Message 3 of 4 (1,198 Views)

Hero

Great.

Closing this then Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,191 Views)