Re: Build mode: can’t place hanging clothes item

by mumofharry

Original Post

Build mode: can’t place hanging clothes item

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except journey to batuu and dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode, and select dream home decorator hanging clothes item. You will see the placement square but the item will be in the floor
What happens when the bug occurs? The placement square will remain red and the clothes cut into the floor. You can’t place the item on the wall and bb.moveobjects can’t fix it either.
What do you expect to see? I select the item and can place it on the wall like it is supposed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can’t place the new hanging clothes items that came with the dream home decorator pack. They cut into the floor when selected and cannot be placed onto the wall. Bb.moveobjects can’t fix the issue either.

Message 1 of 12 (13,898 Views)

★★ Pro
@Aeffinlexis Are there any platforms in your build?

Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record, but platforms, anywhere in the build, can cause weirdness. (Even just using the little platform arrows as opposed to the big foundation arrow can do it.)
Message 2 of 12 (13,867 Views)

Hero
@Aeffinlexis Are you trying to place them on their own on the hanger shelf ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (13,842 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Aeffinlexis you need to use the modular with the hangar to place them
Message 4 of 12 (13,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict No, I tried placing them with the modulars and it stayed in the floor. I tested it further and it seems to happen with my loved in lots and is followed by the walls getting stuck. I was able to place them on the modular in a house with no sims living there after restarting. I’ll test it further to see if it happens again on my lives in lots.

@mumofharry I was trying to place them on the modulars but the clothing remained clipping into the floor.

@stjmk  no, there were platforms on the lot. It seemed to occur with the wall getting stuck error while in build mode.

Message 5 of 12 (13,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Aeffinlexis'It seemed to occur with the wall getting stuck error while in build mode.'

That's a new one to me! How does the wall getting stuck error work (or, well, not work)?

Message 6 of 12 (13,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

@stjmk @The wall getting stuck error is when you can’t adjust the walls like down, partial up, or completely up during build or live. Basically it’s whether you can cutaway to see through them. It occurs usually after being in build mode and going back to live mode. I’ve had the error happen after exiting CAS. I’ve only been able to fix it by exiting the household I’m playing and reloading or by restarting the game. It’s been around for awhile love stair railing issue, but I thought it was fixed after the recent updates. 

Message 7 of 12 (13,752 Views)

★★ Pro
@Aeffinlexis Yikes! Glad I haven't had it in my game. That sounds aggravating. Is there a bug report for it yet?
Message 8 of 12 (13,745 Views)

Hero
@Aeffinlexis You mean the console specific issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-PS-NEED-SAVES-Can-t-raise-or-Lower-walls-use-D-Pad-Patch-1-... ?

So it only occurs in connection with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (13,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got this bug too! It's so annoying and I can't stop it. I've even tried using the 9 and 0 keys to manually move the clothes up and down and I still can't place it even with bb.moveobjects on! How do I fix this?

Message 10 of 12 (9,183 Views)