Re: Bugs with Door and Computer Locks. Gourmet meals Constantly On Tables. Plus

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Bugs with Door and Computer Locks. Gourmet meals Constantly On Tables. Plus Bugs

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 158.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Discover University
What happens when the bug occurs? The Locks on Doors or Computers seem to get confused and don't work as intended plus I get loads of food made by my Dorm Mates which has been made not using the Microwave but a full Gourmet Kitchen which is not available when in a Dorm
What do you expect to see? When Using the Lock that it works correctly. Dorms not full off 20 Gourmet cooked meals. Plus working Weather
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The One before Discover University amd The actual Expansion Pack.

The Locks on Doors or Computers seem to get confused and don't work as intended plus I get loads of food made by my Dorm Mates which has been made not using the Microwave but a full Gourmet Kitchen which is not available when in a Dorm.Getting about 20 meals left all over the Dorm frequently. This is not good enough EA. There seems to be little point in having a separate food venue on Campus For Students to use. Weather is not working properly as it does in other towns. The whole of Discover Uninversity seem to be full of Bugs and it is becoming unplayable.

Kind regards James.

Message 1 of 2 (386 Views)

Re: Bugs with Door and Computer Locks. Gourmet meals Constantly On Tables. Plus

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @MickRonson

We ask members to create a Bug Report per issue to keep advise, troubleshooting and tracking it cleaner and tailored to each issue. I'll touch on the three issues you've mentioned below but to continue the discussion please join existing bug reports or if there isn't one on those issues when you search, please create a specific report for the specific issue. Standard smile

1. Locking Doors: Please check out this existing bug report on it: "Locked doors not working in Dorms". Updating to the current patch seemed to fix the issue for the OP. If your issue persists after updating your game to the most recent patch, please join that bug report thread and update it. 
  2. Locking Computers: Check out this Bug Report for the locking computers issue: "Other sims use locked laptops". One poster has noted the locked pcs may be caused by the lot not completely loading and once it loads fully this stops. Could you post in the there if that's not been your experience and include your insights?
  3. Gourmet Meals: I don't think we have a bug report on this one. If you feel it's a bug, could you create a report and fill in the template as you have here please? 
  4. Weather: This issue could also do with it's own bug report thread. When you create the bug for this, could you expand on it a bit more. What is happening with the weather for you? What does 'not working properly' look like? Can you pop up screenshots? 

Thanks. 

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (350 Views)