by taoron24121

Original Post

Bugs since yesterday's Patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebrations Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Play?
What happens when the bug occurs? There are a couplke of Bugs. Note: I don't play a lot, I prefer to build, but I do playtest my creatikons, with a Sim and today is the first I've seen anything like this happen. Lights: Don't seem to be...lighting. Not all lights, but some, in some rooms. I have turned on all lights and it's still dim. I have tried auto lights and half the lights ignore it. I have turned off all lights and some stay on. Skills: My Sim on a new lot was bored, waiting for her garden to grow, so I deceided to level her Handiness skill. I bought the books and she just kept reading. Okay. So then a stereo broke, so I asked her to fix it. She kept on fixing it, and fixing it. I logged out twice and when I logged in, she was still fixing it. She got to Handiness level 5.5 before she finally just stopped, as I am typing this. The bar finished ages ago and she just kept right on leveling the skill, until just now, on the 3rd log completely out and back in. Debug: I've only played her for an hour or so (not counting logging in and out 3 times...I'm just looking to get the garden looking nice for pictures and playtesting the home) and I've had to reset her half a dozen times. The Welcome Wagon showed up and I had to leave the room, the first time, and I came back and everyone was just loocked. The timer was stuck at 1m left, no one was doing anything, until I reset my Sim. I've had to do that several times now, just performing menial tasts like going to bed or using the toilet. I'm only assuming this is from the patch yesterday, because I've not seen this previously, and I've been playtesting homes all week.
What do you expect to see? Normalcy. Items getting fixed in under a day of working on them, Not to max out a skill on one or two repairs, not to pee yourself standing in front of a toilet, lights to make a room...light...(oddly...again...the game seems to know I'm talking about it, and now all of the lights are on....Auto Lights still not working as intended. I just asked it to do it and one room turned off) Also the Stereo she just fixed is still broken. Handiness is now approaching Level 7 on the dishwasher that broke, at the same time, and she's been working on it for a good 12 hours. There be Gremlins.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 5th Anniversary ‌

Message 1 of 3 (982 Views)

Re: Bugs since yesterday's Patch

★★ Apprentice

orry for the Double post. It didn't work the firt time...bugged out on me and reset, or so I thought, and then pasted it within itself. 

Message 2 of 3 (981 Views)

Re: Bugs since yesterday's Patch

Hero
Hi @taoron24121

thanks for your report.

It would however be better if you could create one thread per issue.

Please consult the compiled list: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445... what has already been reported and add your voice there of if you can't find the issue, create a new thread.

Here's some information how it works here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (864 Views)