Bugs at Medina Studios

by o0sims0o

Original Post

Bugs at Medina Studios

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille Stuff Packs: Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with pets living in one of the available apartments at Medina Studios.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I play a household at 920 Medina Studios Salim Benali will check his mail, throw out trash or try to visit every couple minutes. This lasts for quite a while and he's often in the hall just grunting to himself. This happens often within the same game day. Also a household with a dog will have issues when the dog needs to go potty. The dog will whine until a sim asks it to go potty but the dog will complain that there's no way to leave the apartment. The player will have to ask a sim to step outside of the apartment into the hall, call the dog over, and then ask the dog to go potty. That seems to be the only way I can get my dog to do her business. At other locations the dog will help herself out with no issue. I've checked door lock settings and nothing seems to be interfering.
What do you expect to see? I expect less frequency in the neighbours behaviour. After finishing reading their mail, taking their trash out, and visiting a sim the neighbour shouldn't attempt repeating these activities multiple times in the same game day. I expect my dog to be able to leave the apartment herself whenever she needs to go potty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been a consistent issue and doesn't seem to be tied to the saved game. Starting up a new game also shows the same issues.

Message 1 of 3 (1,288 Views)

Re: Bugs at Medina Studios

EA Sims Team

Hi @o0sims0o,

As you already mentioned in your report, there are indeed 2 different bugs that you call out here. That being said, when someone hits ‘Me Too’ on this report, it is hard for us to determine which of the 2 issues that you reported the incoming Me Too’s are meant for. So, to keep those issues separate and to avoid potential confusion it would be really helpful if you could do the following:

1. Dogs cannot leave the apartment to go potty
    • This has been reported as part of an earlier post about issues related to the elevator in Medina Studios, so please make sure to hit ‘Me Too’ here. You can afterwards remove the description for this issue from your original post so players will use the other report and its 'Me Too' button.
  2. At Medina Studios apartments the NPC neighbour 'Salim Benali' will check his mail, throw out trash or try to visit several times a day.
    • I filed a bug for this issue, but you’re right, Salim should probably calm down a bit and relax instead of being overly busy all the time. We will keep this report for this specific issue, so please make sure to remove everything related to the dog/elevator bug from this post Standard smile

And that should be it already! :eahigh_file:

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your help!

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 3 (1,236 Views)

Re: Bugs at Medina Studios

★★★ Novice

There are still issues at 920 Medina Studios. I can confirm with a complete clean reinstall (no mods or custom content) that issues still persists after many years. I've played this apartment in the Sims 4 for a very long time and have always found it to be awfully buggy compared to other lots. 

- Pets will get stuck in the elevator/another apartment room occasionally when going for a walk to take pets out for potty. This happens when going out and coming home from a walk. Sometimes pets seem too also need to go potty more often than usual (ie other lots). I'm not sure if this is because of the bug not completing the task but the pet will often be sad and asks to go out. 

I ended up having to use a "pee pad" mod to combat a lot of these issues. The other way was to travel to another lot with the pet and return back home. This solution is still not ideal though. 

- Pets bound as a familiar will follow your sim to work but stay in the elevator whining. This was another solution to pets getting stuck in the elevator when your sim is home because you can teleport them back to you BUT they'll still get stuck when your sim goes to work. This affects the pets mood and needs.

- NPC's seem to still perform redundant tasks in the hall throughout the day. Whether that's checking their mail, throwing out trash or asking to hangout. I notice they also increasingly get frustrated and then tired.

- Random NPCs will appear outside the elevator and then suddenly leave.

- The camera performs awkwardly when trying to view "downstairs" of the apartment complex. I've noticed occasionally that things tend to collect down there whether it's snow, pet waste, or just general trash. Because it's awkward to get the camera to view down there it can be tricky making sure that area is clean. 

- When renovating the the apartment the outside of the building seems to be affected as well. The side of the building (with the trash chute) will have it's paint removed off a section near one of the windows. 

Message 3 of 3 (821 Views)