Bugs and technical issues after Cats and Dogs

by KitkatieSims

Original Post

Bugs and technical issues after Cats and Dogs

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have some technical issues or bug reports. 1. After installing pets, the game has been crashing, with and without Custom content. Specially once I go back to the main menu, loading the map view or just randomly, also upon launch the game crashes. 2. There’s a bug where you can’t do certain interactions with the pets. If you are going to take them for a walk, they put the leash on and then the sim glitches out in the shape of T, and then the action disappears. 3. Another bug is the sims can’t give the dogs a bath, I’ve tried all the bathtubs. 4. I also have problem with most of the couches to place, them this is not only CC, also the new couch from the C&D expansion along with some other couches/loveseats from the previous packs. 5. I can’t find any way to scale items smaller yet for a Norwegian keyboard, is this not implemented or is it just really hard to find, because I’ve tried clicking everything. 6. The sims randomly place food all over the floor without eating it. And all the issues above I’ve tried playing without CC to see if the problem still occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. The game crashes, and I have to force close it before I can try to restart it. 2. The sims put the leash on the dog and doesnt live the house of lot, but simply just glitch out of it. 3. The sims just doesn't do the interraction. 4. The couches disappear while the game takes my money, this is not CC couches, this is the couch from C&D and other packs by The sims. 5. 6. The sims empty the serving platter, and place the plates all over the floor without eating the food. All of them occur without CC and tested in a old save and a new save file.
What do you expect to see? 1. That the game runs without crashing. 2. The sims atleast leaving the house of lot with the pet in the leash. 3. The sims giving them a bath until the pet is clean. 4. The couches being placed like they used to. 5. 6. The sims taking one plate and eating it at the table I put there for them, or placing the food on the counters once they made the meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats & dogs expansion, both patches.

Message 1 of 4 (1,197 Views)

Re: Bugs and technical issues after Cats and Dogs

Hero

Could you please make one thread per issue.

For tech issues it's best if you post in the technical section (or in your case in the mac forum)

Please refer to the stickied list to what's already been reported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also experiencing the food bug.

Message 3 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Hero

Since all issues have been reposted, I'm locking this

Please see this for the food issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CC-RELATED-My-sims-won-t-eat/td-p/6408570/jump-to/first-unread...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,105 Views)