Bugs - How to report them

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Bugs - How to report them

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

- This thread has now been locked, as it's an old version. Please, read this instead -

We do our best when developing our games, but we know things are not always going to work as they should. Have you found any issue in The Sims Mobile? Use Bug Reports forum to let us know!

What is a bug?

A bug, or software error, is when the game doesn't behave as we intended.

What is not a bug?

If you have issues installing the game, get an error message, the game crashes, etc., then please create your thread in the Technical issues board. In most cases, these issues are not bugs.

If you are not sure what you are experiencing is a bug or not, don't worry - you can open a thread either on Technical issues or Bug reports boards, and it will be moved if needed. Please, don't open the same thread in both boards.

Ready to open a thread?

First, try to use the search bar - it might be another player has already reported the same issue, and it's better if you add your information to their thread so all the information is in the same place.

Can't find anything similar and you want to let us know about the error?

In that case, it's time to use the 'New post' button and fill the form to let us know about the bug.

If you have any questions about how to report bugs, you can press 'Answer' button below and ask Wink

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 41 (13,956 Views)

Re: Bugs - How to report them

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to submit a visual bug I found in Sims Mobile but your online forum is not letting me submit the post! I press submit and nothing happens. Is there a way I can give the bug info another way? I have all of the data and a screenshot. 

Cheers! 

Message 2 of 41 (12,663 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @wildhorsey,

Sorry to read you are having issues with the form. Please, keep in mind the last box needs to be filled as well for the Submit button to appear:

filllastbox.PNG

If that's not the issue, could you please give us more details of what's the problem?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 3 of 41 (12,656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Mai!

So the Submit button does show up, but for some reason when I click it, nothing happens. There is content in post box as well. I have to refresh the page for any button to work again - Is it possible this is an issue with chrome? 

Message 4 of 41 (12,642 Views)

★★★ Novice
The same thing is happening to me. I filled out everything but when i pressed submit it didn’t take me any where. Everything is filled out correctly but i still can’t get the information to post.
Message 5 of 41 (12,611 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @cuteypielin @wildhorsey,

Thanks for the details!

@cuteypielin, are you using Google Chrome as well?

Could you both please try to use another browser to fill the form? Also, when you press Submit, could you scroll up to check if there's any small red text in the page explaining any errors?

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 6 of 41 (12,511 Views)

★★★ Novice
I was actually using safari on my phone to try to complete the form. I did complete all of it and there wasn’t any red marks or any missing information when i pressed submit
Message 7 of 41 (12,505 Views)

EA app Team
That's really strange, thanks @cuteypielin. I just tried with Safari through my iPhone and iPad and both showed me a Submit button, so I'm not sure why this could be happening.

Could it be it was loading slower than usual? Could you please try again and wait some more seconds than usual, just to make sure it's not an issue related to that?

Are you able to open threads in other boards, like Technical issues?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-technical-issues-en

-Mai
Message 8 of 41 (12,499 Views)

★★★ Novice
Today someone posted the bug i was having so i won’t need to post a new topic . But I could retry it and maybe take a video of it to help others with maybe the same problem for posting it on their cellphone.
Message 9 of 41 (12,496 Views)

★★★ Novice

due to my video not uploading. i'm going to upload my video on youtube and just paste the url. Should i start the thread on technical issues?

Message 10 of 41 (12,476 Views)