Re: Bugged vet visit

by crinrict

Original Post

Bugged vet visit

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the vet and try to register a sick pet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't register a sick pet to be cured.
What do you expect to see? I tried to take my dog to the vet because he was sick and the option to sign him in was greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The option said "There are no eligible pets to sign in." the wellness treats don't work either. I've tried restarting the game/switching families. I've tried clearing my mods folder. I've tried repairing the installation. I've tried clearing out caches. I've tried to reset (debug) the object and pet. I really don't want to have to do a fresh reinstall of the game and start from the ground up. That would be a pain.

Message 1 of 8 (711 Views)

Hero
@Twisted_Insanity Could try a different dog to see if it's related to the family/dog and also a fresh save (just for testing) to narrow down if it's a general issue.

Did you also try renaming your user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (665 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice. It seems to work with other families. I can't even seem to ask the dog "What's wrong?" in the previous household. Seems that household is bugged. If that's the case, at least there's only two members living in that house. I appreciate the help! Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (636 Views)

Hero
@Twisted_Insanity Maybe the dog isn't sick ? Does the dog have any symptoms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (634 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict He appeared to have Derpy Dog Syndrome.

Message 5 of 8 (612 Views)

Hero
@Twisted_Insanity Can you try signing the dog up for a checkup to see what happens there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (607 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried that. They gave him some kind of prevention shot, but they wouldn't cure him.
Message 7 of 8 (598 Views)

Hero
@Twisted_Insanity Sounds like the clinic doesn't register that the pet is sick.

If you want you can send me your save and I take a look if I can find some info. Just upload to google or one drive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (572 Views)