Bugged persistent UI element on account restoration

by Sebastiee

Original Post

Highlighted

Bugged persistent UI element on account restoration

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Mi 9t Pro
OS Version 10
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When reinstalling the game and loading your old save from the cloud while having entered a house with a temporary new account while the game is connecting and loading your old savefile from the cloud.
What do you expect to see? Just the default UI, but there persists a message with "now I see why this was listed as a charming fixer upper!" that keeps on top of the screen even during loading screens.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

This same bug has been posted in august 2019:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugged-Account-Restoration/td-p/8065899

The only reply is to contact support. This bug now occured to me and when I contacted support they told me that they couldn't do anything about it and that I should post it here on this forum. So here we are in a full circle. We discovered with the support team that the problem is indeed embedded in the savefile and should be fixed server side. (Clearing cache, loading save on a brand new device etc all didn't help).

Even if this bug can't be or isn't worth it for the dev team to be fixed from occuring, I would really appreciate it if someone could atleast take a look into my cloud savefile to fix it for my individual case as this constant message blocks a big part of the UI.

Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Re: Bugged persistent UI element on account restoration

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Sebastiee! Could you please pass me your player id so I can investigate this issue? Thanks for your report!

Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)