Re: Bugged Voeld Quest> Fact or Fiction

by klklyday

Original Post

★★★ Novice

You are absolutely correct! I tried shooting out the window on the one side but it was blocked. Like a fool, I never thought to check on the other side. Also, got into the top floor by shooting out the window at the back.  Thank you.

Message 41 of 54 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Novice
You are absolutely correct! I tried shooting out the window on the one side but it was blocked. Like a fool, I never thought to check on the other side. Also, got into the top floor by shooting out the window at the back. Thank you.
Message 42 of 54 (2,027 Views)

★ Novice
I did exactly that, ran down, reloaded and the markers returned and finished the quest. Thank you !
Message 43 of 54 (1,909 Views)

★★ Novice

I ran into the same thing.  On my third visit to the site, I stumbled on to a solution.  There are two machines that show as connected on my scanner.  I destroyed them both but nothing happened.  I pointed my scanner at the third one and it showed up on the scanner but not connected to the others. Scanned it and destroyed it and both doors unlocked.  Hope this helps.

Message 44 of 54 (1,805 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This worked! Thank you!!!
Message 45 of 54 (1,657 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Rather than trying to explain, I made a quick 2 min video about how I solved it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeiIiQRSJGk

Excuse the rambling.

Edit: I partly agree with admcmei86 on the theory on why the bug happens. I think it has something to do with when you sabotage the modules, but it seems to be a location trigger as well.

Edit 2: People say that you can get into the room through a window, but the window to the bottom room have crates covering the window. At least for me.

Unquote

This quoted comment in the thread solved the issue for me. Thanks, TinyPhreak! Party hat

HeartHeartHeart

Message 46 of 54 (1,427 Views)

★★ Novice
@HalcyonicHermes you are my hero
Message 47 of 54 (1,097 Views)

★★ Novice
@cosmoblivion there's another window on that level that you can go through. I saw the window you saw at first and started to get miffed, looked around a little more and found a second one
Message 48 of 54 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks that worked for me!

Message 49 of 54 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't understand what a window has to do with it?

The marker for "disable the security matrix" appears on a partially-covered open platform. When I get to the platform I can no longer bring it up by pressing the objective button and there is nothing I can interact with, but it still appears on the map.

Edit: I get it now, thank you to all who answered. Standard smile

Apparently you have to go around behind the two locked rooms at the beginning of the level and there's a thing you have to be incredibly prescient to know to scan for in the top room. Then you get a hint to check the lower room and theres a machine you can interact with. That somehow triggers the marker on the platform to appear assomething you need to scan for.

Message 50 of 54 (732 Views)