Bug with number of squads needed per TW territory

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Phone
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 777534577
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The bug is we are being required to fill 25 squads per territory even though we only have 49 players. Thought it should be 24 squads. Swore the algorithm was half rounded down of the guild with the least amount of players participating
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My guess is The guild with a name that starts with a letter at the beginning of the alphabet had 49 players in the guild and all joined vs a guild that had 49 of 50 join. (alternatively if the tie breaker is guild I'd use that) I think the algorithm saw we had full participation and defaulted to us having to fill 25 squads per territory.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

http://imgur.com/a/5KzYyOe 

We lost a player after the last TW, so well before this TW join period even started. All 49 players joined so we are at full guild participation. The bug is we are being required to fill 25 squads per territory even though we only have 49 players. Thought it should be 24 squads.

Swore the algorithm was half rounded down of the guild with the least amount of players participating.

floor(min(guild_a_participating_players, guild_b_participating_players) / 2)

Message 1 of 4 (287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug with number of squads needed per TW territory

Whether or not it's a "poor design" is certainly debatable.

In a full 50 vs 50 matchup, the average responsibility for each player is: 4 defensive squads, 1 defensive fleet, 4 attack squads, 1 attack fleet.

In a 49 vs 50 matchup - either way the guild with 50 members has access to more squads. If both guilds have to set 25 squads per zone, then the 49 guild will have to divide up the extra 8 squads and 2 fleets among their 49 players. If both guilds have to set 24 squads, then the guild with 50 players will have an extra 8 squads and 2 fleets to use on attack (and therefore can use higher-quality teams).

So it seems me that whether it's 24 or 25, the advantage remains the same, just manifests in a different way.

Regardless, since this is working as intended, there is no "bug" to discuss here. Further discussion about the design quality or further feedback to the devs about the design belongs in the Feedback section of the Main Forums.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (237 Views)

All Replies

@rickwildfire Thanks for the report!
49-50 has always required 25 squads per zone.
47-48 has always required 24 squads per zone.
46-45 has always required 23 squads per zone, etc.

If you divide the number of players in the "smaller" guild by 2, then round that up to the nearest integer, you will obtain the correct value.

★★★★★ Novice

So I was mistaken and instead TW has always had a poor design?

By rounding up that means a 8 people in the guild need to place an extra defense and 2 people need to place extra fleets. And then on attack the same thing needs to happen.

While this is surmountable for guilds with members that have 3 million + GP, it seems like terrible design for newer players that are in a guild together. 

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

Whether or not it's a "poor design" is certainly debatable.

In a full 50 vs 50 matchup, the average responsibility for each player is: 4 defensive squads, 1 defensive fleet, 4 attack squads, 1 attack fleet.

In a 49 vs 50 matchup - either way the guild with 50 members has access to more squads. If both guilds have to set 25 squads per zone, then the 49 guild will have to divide up the extra 8 squads and 2 fleets among their 49 players. If both guilds have to set 24 squads, then the guild with 50 players will have an extra 8 squads and 2 fleets to use on attack (and therefore can use higher-quality teams).

So it seems me that whether it's 24 or 25, the advantage remains the same, just manifests in a different way.

Regardless, since this is working as intended, there is no "bug" to discuss here. Further discussion about the design quality or further feedback to the devs about the design belongs in the Feedback section of the Main Forums.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home