Bug with job/school section which has not been fixed as of 7-23-21

by fairyblossoms

Original Post

Bug with job/school section which has not been fixed as of 7-23-21

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides StarWars & Moschino. Oh, I don't have any of the new kits either. I also don't have any mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a character with school or a job. the job menu items will not work. the mom is an interior designer, I can't click on the 'get gig' on the job page anymore. Then the daughter goes to school and drama class. She was late and I tried to get her to go to drama class through the job/school section and again the button wouldn't work. I have restarted everything to see if that fixed it and the same things keep happening. I figured out the way to get a job for the mom through the phone but I don't know how to get the kid to school or drama class. plus it's a tad bit annoying
What happens when the bug occurs? I can click it once or several times and nothing happens. the sims just start doing whatever they want to do.
What do you expect to see? would like to be able to go through the job/school section and select the option of getting a "gig" and/or go to activity without having to go through the phone or any other way.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030 is the patch that I believe messed up this part or it's the Cottage Living expansion I got on 7-22-21

if you email me for an example, I will be happy to provide you one. 

Message 1 of 6 (268 Views)

Re: Bug with job/school section which has not been fixed as of 7-23-21

Hero
@fairyblossoms There's currently an issue with the buttons: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-No-gigs-via-job-panel/td-p/10525938

I haven't tried the classes yet but It could be the same issue.

Does the kid not go on it's own when they're not late ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (253 Views)

★★ Novice

The kid goes on its own when they're on time. This sounds like the same issue as you linked. I guess I didn't put in the right words to find it Standard smile Thank you so much for the help!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (226 Views)

Hero
@fairyblossoms Is it just the drama class button that doesn't work or the go to school as well ? The school one is working fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (218 Views)

Hero
@fairyblossoms Did the emergency patch solve your issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (193 Views)

Hero
@fairyblossoms Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (178 Views)