Bug with Customer Service

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy Note 4
OS Version 6.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 522-647-733
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug The person who was talking to me, said that if I accept the compensation for the "Inconvenience" I will get Crystals, then without my consent closed the case. I cannot even respond, since my e-mail can't send e-mail to yours when the case is closed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Name is Utkarsh. About the bug Your team is already working on it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Poland

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy Note 4
OS Version 6.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 522-647-733
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug The person who was talking to me, said that if I accept the compensation for the "Inconvenience" I will get Crystals, then without my consent closed the case. I cannot even respond, since my e-mail can't send e-mail to yours when the case is closed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Name is Utkarsh. About the bug Your team is already working on it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Poland

I'm called to the Hospital where my Father is, please if it is in the wrong section just move it to the one that it belongs to. SORRY FOR THE FORMAT

Earlier that day, guy from your department, I believe his name was Tarun, sent me this.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting EA help, I am here to assist you. My name is Tarun. 
I am highly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. 
As we informed in the last email , Our development team is working on this issue and they are still investigating the cause of the issues. They are working to address it as soon as humanly possible, but I don't have an estimated time of resolution right now. Please give us a little more time to get it resolved. 

And from my end i can offer you 500 crystals for this time. And please do not worry, the issue will be resolved by our developer team.
Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at "http://help.ea.com" or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at “http://answers.ea.com"

Tarun K.
EA Help

I still refused. Please communicate with yourselves better. I know it was a bug, I think I was one of the first to report it. I know that I've spent a lot of my money (about 70$) on Double Drop. I suggested in the previous e-mail, what could be reimbursement for my losses, but apparently no one is reading those. Did you even read the last letter I've wrote? It's frustrating to talk every time to a different person. And as I said in the previous e-mails I don't accept measly 200 crystals (2.28$ in my country) for my losses.

Your's sincerely

Jan Negrey

P.S.

Here is the whole conversation:

1ST:

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting EA Help. My name is Utkarsh and I would assist you with your issue today.

Please let me share that it might be due to a bug. I've forwarded your issue to our game developers who'll further look in to it.

Meanwhile, you can post your issue on the below mentioned forum:-

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/

The advantage you've on forum is that our game developers will keep a close eye on your issue.

For the inconvenience, I would like to offer you 100 crystals as a one time exception. If you agree with this, then please contact us again.

Looking forward to your reply.

If you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Utkarsh B.
EA Help

MY REPLY

Hello Utkarsh

I will start from thank you, that you even bothered to reply. I will also make sure to post my issue on the forum that you mentioned. Pressure is not good at devs, but on the other hand, pressure makes them make fixes.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Very Sorry, Less pleasant topic now.!

Unless, you're Chief of EA, can you give only 100 crystals, for "sorry" during Double Drop, when during in a day I make Enough in game money and shipbuilding materials, Lot's of Training Drones (both for characters and ships alike) And lots and lots of parts Like ability Material 1 to 3 and Ship Ability Material 1 and 2 and prestige. Parts to my character Armour level and Shards - lot's and lot's of shards, and added 1 star to 2 characters. I do it like this: (This is supposed to give "graph" you which set - for Your convenience. Remember that first 4 times You look for Energy it has it basic cost. After there it is doubled (checked it for the purpose of this to be rather exact), but how about next tier, I remember couple of months ago it was getting smaller like Cantina energy would be for 200 only 2 times, and it would again raise. Here I've show you it in 4 tries version, because often I bought all of them, up to sometimes in desperation 1 or 2 800

Buy Cantina Energy and Sim Tickets. Buy Energy and Sim Tickets.

steps crystals Cant. Energ. Sim Tickets steps crystals Energy Sim Tickets

4 400 480 40 4 200 480 80

4 800 480 40 4 400 480 80

4 1600 480 40 4 800 480 80

4 3200 480 40 4 1600 480 80

I'm sorry, I pointed You the problem, It took me 8 hours to write a response in this (It's 5:03 a.m.) because of mixture of my e-mail provider, and Largish official document. I'm not talking about the Grey thing, but this taking-more-than-320-MB station paper (This page seen in a task manager). And I cannot get rid of it because then I would destroy your reply, and then I could copy/paste it, but I don't know how would I feel about that. Also there is experiment which costed me 600 crystals, but that was my choice unless you didn't know what was the cost. Also to show you how I use up the double drop to my advantage. And of course your company wan't miss me as a client - my max was 800 $ more or less, I believe. Approximately 250$. Normally half of that. No more than 150$ a month. Of course there is question why. Well i like it. But your (or probably ordinary - since I don't see you as someone who'd be so degrading) response ruined it. In a day that i spent 75% of my monthly "allowance" (what I allow myself) on the game, and couldn't enjoy it, I decided to inform the firm staying wake up all night, just like today. If you're even willing to pay, I'll send you my phone, provided that after a month, on your cost you'll send it back. And the great empire, for a person paying them 150$ to keep the game, servers, people and network alive, and update the Game from time to time. And what do you offer me instead? 100 crystals. Hundred. That can be a thank you for pointing out that bug. Although 1000 wouldn't ruin your company. And then we can think of reimbursing my actual damages. Because, if you're interested 100 crystals = 1.14 zł. That's a little bit offensive.

Your's Sincerely,

Jan Negrey

P.S.

If someone decides that, they want to spend my actual losses, which from late August, have already paid themselves, I'll sign the NDA, and If there is one thing I'm good at it is how to keep a secret. So no official precedent. I'm wrong. NO PRECEDENT. I would be buying one with less than 5000 now. You offend my by proposing such a laughable "recompensation". I want the settlement to be achieved. As of now I'm giving you zero money. 6:50 a.m.

2ND:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us back. 

We have been reported by number of players experiencing the same problem. Our development team is already aware of this issue and they are still investigating the cause of the issues. They are working to address it as soon as humanly possible, but I don't have an estimated time of resolution right now. Please give us a little more time to get it resolved, and try again later.

Moreover, seeing your interest for the game, I am offering you 200 crystals for the inconvenience caused, how does that sound?

Vivek G.
EA Help

MY REPLY:

Dear Vivek G.

I find it really offensive, that I blew up half of my monthly budget, so approx. 75$ for this 2 day drop, and for "inconvenience" of it not working I'm given the equivalence of 2.28$. I'm sorry, but I want In-Game money, In-Game Gear, In-Game Building Materials etc that I never gained because Double Drop didn't work. And then, you can give me 1000 crystals for "inconvenience". I said I'm prepared to sign NDA etc. If you want me to quit playing the game, that give you on average 150$ a month, just say so. Should I show this to couple of my friends, who also play either this or other EA games (I play Battlefront II, but after today I won't buy anything for real money) - showing, that you don't care about customers? I don't have much time since next week (so after today, before next sunday), my father has 2 operations in hospital (One of them on tumor), and I'm left with my brother (autistic, on a wheelchair, cannot be left alone), and only thing I can do to not go insane is to play Mobile game. So it seems, that it doesn't bother you much if you lose a paying customer.

Sincerely,

Jan Negrey

P.S.

"Customer Experience" - not to You Vivek, but to EA, and people making this ridiculous decisions - 0/10, this is not experience - this is nightmare.

3RD:

Hello ,

As we informed in the last email , Our development team is working on this issue and they are still investigating the cause of the issues. They are working to address it as soon as humanly possible, but I don't have an estimated time of resolution right now. Please give us a little more time to get it resolved. 

And from my end i can offer you 500 crystals for this time. And please do not worry, the issue will be resolved by our developer team.
Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at "http://help.ea.com" or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at “http://answers.ea.com"

Tarun K.
EA Help

MY REPLY:

Dear Tarun

Let me be first to say that i don't hold you, anyone in help center, or even in development things responsible. This is programming on a different devices, and 2 different OS'es. Bugs are bound to happen. Remember 2 emails ago I even suggested that i send you (on your cost of course, but only expenses such as post, no paying me for lending you phone, I want to help You for free so Your game(s) can work even better) my exact phone on which it happened for a period of few weeks.

But since first time when there was a double drop, and I saw how magnificent it is, I decided that when, there will be next such event I will blow my Budget on it. So in this case I planned about 200$ (little more than the usual 125-160$ a month) According to the google 8.99zł (which is price of Pouch of Crystals - 220 crystals) is 2.52$. That makes 100 crystals worth 1.14$ maybe 1.15$, but on a day that that I responded to the first e-mail it was definitely 1.14$. To use your Double Drop I Bought "Crate of Crystals" (7,370 crystals) for 239.99zł (67.31$), I wanted to buy another one later when I would have used all the crystals - mostly to buy Energy, and Cantina Energy (At least 1200 a day each, probably more). Now, since I lost so much compared to other players, especially on trying to figure out what is not working - Making 20 matches, seeing it doesn't do a double drop, closing the application fully (not only collapsing window), and Making another 20 matches, seeing it doesn't work - not only closing the app, but turning off my phone and turning it on - playing 20 matches and it still doesn't work. Than I thought, perhaps it was only 1 day Double Drop from midnight on 7th (I believe it was 7th and 8th if I recall correctly), AFTER 7th been finished. So i tried again with the pattern I described - I tried to approximate my Losses (and I'm not even going to things that i lost compared to those for which DD worked, when I wanted to buy another 7,370 crystals), and it goes as such: Around 3 Million In-Game Currency, About 1 Million of Ship Building Materials, various parts, a lot of upgrade Droids, You do owe me well over hundred shards of different characters etc. etc. And all you offer me isn't even enough to buy CREDIT MEGA-PACK, which is random BTW, unlike payment for Battles which is fixed.

Now having in mind that this game is my ONLY way of entertainment (If you haven't read previous posts, I have severe Depression, My Mother died of pancreatic cancer, My father 2 years ago contracted the same cancer - he had about 20% chance to beat it and he did, but it left him with constant, and worst type of Diabetes imaginable, due to that 2-3 weeks ago he had a hemorrhagic stroke inside the eye, after botched operation which left him blind he is going tomorrow - 12/12/2017, for check in and probably will have operation to fix the previous mistake, but only after couple of days, because day after tomorrow 13th December, he is going to the hospital to operate ANOTHER cancer - though this one is not as serious as previous cancer. On top of that my Brother is on a wheelchair with severe autism and Epilepsy, requires 24/7 attention, so when my father is not around, I cannot even play on a computer, since it is in another room) It caused significant losses to me, and it enrages me that company like EA calls this "inconvenience". It is a race - who is better. If I'm fighting to be at least in first 20 in fleet (and I'm fighting for that, several times I was even first), than it annoys me that other players have advantage over me. 500 crystals is not an amount that would allow me to buy 3 Million credits and Million of Ship Building Materials, not to mention losses in parts, upgrade droids, and shards 500 crystals is 5$ 70 cents. That is not much, and certainly is not enough to bring me back what I lost, and others didn't. So I say no to that. Can't any single person go to the boss there, tell him of this special case, I will get proper reimbursement (in In-Game money, parts etc.), and sign an NDA. I'm sorry, but currently on me you're losing money, because I won't buy anymore crystals. I already gave you enough money, to be considered not a casual player. If you want to lose about 150$ a month, because you didn't want to properly AND FAIRLY address this issue.

And for the love of God stop using word "inconvenience" at least in E-mails to me. I'm sure it also offends others.

Yours Sincerely,
Jan Negrey

P.S.
Wish you colleagues in help center - good health (most important), less annoying customers, and raise (IDK if you work for Minimum Wage, but if so - Kudos for not hitting anyone in anger after a day in help center). I don't know in which country is Help Center really (many times I've called to US, only to be answered by someone from India - there is nothing wrong in this - trying to tell me they're all in the U.S. when they clearly weren't - that is wrong), so I don't know what else to wish you - except of what I did.

4TH: YOU MAY RECOGNIZE IT

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting EA Help. My name is Utkarsh and I would assist you with your issue today.

Please let me share that it might be due to a bug. I've forwarded your issue to our game developers who'll further look in to it.

Meanwhile, you can post your issue on the below mentioned forum:-

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/

The advantage you've on forum is that our game developers will keep a close eye on your issue.

For the inconvenience, I would like to offer you 200 crystals as a one time exception. If you agree with this, then please contact us again. This is the maximum compensation I can offer you from my end. 

If you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Utkarsh B.
EA Help

MY REPLY:

Earlier that day, guy from your department, I believe his name was Tarun, sent mi this.

Hello ,

Tarun K.
EA Help

I still refused. Please communicate with yourselves better. I know it was a bug, I think I was one of the first to report it. I know that I've spent a lot of my money (about 70$) on Double Drop. I suggested in the previous e-mail, what could be reimbursement for my losses, but apparently no one is reading those. Did you even read the last letter I've wrote? It's frustrating to talk every time to a different person. And as I said in the previous e-mails I don't accept measly 200 crystals (2.28$ in my country) for my losses.

Your's sincerely

Jan Negrey

I WISH I COULD TAKE LONGER TO EXPLAIN, BUT I JUST RECEIVED INFORMATION, THAT MY FATHER IN THE HOSPITAL NEEDS MY HELP. SO I'VE GOTTA GO.
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS DOESN'T WANT TO ACCEPT MY E-MAIL.
Message 1 of 4 (411 Views)

Re: Bug with Customer Service

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya, In order to investigate this issue further, could you please provide your support ticket number? Thanks.

And to confirm- your original issue was that when double drops were running, they were not working for you in game?

Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)

★★★ Novice

The number of a problem that i was issued was: 36526927, and it was suddenly confirmed as ended even though we were in the middle of conversation. When I wanted to reply to Customer Service, I've got the message: Hello,

We no longer monitor this email address and we want to make sure you get the help you need.

Visit EA Help and log in with your EA account information.There you can browse help topics or click Contact Us at the bottom of any help article to ask a specific question. You can also participate in discussions with the player community on Answers HQ. 

Regards,
The EA Help team

And to answer your question, yes it was about me seeing that there are double drops, so I bought Crate of Crystals with 7,370 crystals in it, and wanted to buy second after I used it up, because previous Double Drop helped me so much (I think that just before this double drop, there was an update - maybe there was something there?). So I started to buy Energy (both of them), but the Double Drops didn't work. I even offered to send my phone to you (on your cost, but I would have to find replacement myself) for about a month, so to help you with the debugging. Everything is in the Very Large post, that I wrote. If part of it are unreadable I'm sorry I was in a hurry, my father needed me in Hospital.

Sincerely,

Jan Negrey

Message 3 of 4 (363 Views)

★★★ Novice

Technically it worked, I received an E-mail, but it bounced in another way. Here:

Dear EA Customer,

You’ve emailed us at an address that isn’t actively monitored or answered, but we want to make sure you receive help if you need it.

For the best possible service in the quickest amount of time, please visit _http://help.ea.com and log in with your EA account information.

Once you’ve done so, you’ll be presented with easy and convenient means to contact our game experts, and they’ll do everything they can to get you back in the game!

Sincerely,

EA Customer Experience

Here is my short E-mail, because I will be able to answer in about 12 hours.

Last time I sent an E-mail to You, it couldn't be delivered, It bounced off - just like I described in my post on forum called i think "Bug with Customer Service", it was probably mistake, someone closed the case before it was done. If this E-mail goes through, I will write something in about 10-12 hours, but you can find every single piece of information in our previous E-mail exchange. Double Drops didn't work, and I've already put approx. 70$ on them. The biggest offer was 500 crystals for "inconvenience", I'm fighting to be at the top in Fleet skirmishes. This single event made impossible for me to go into first 10, now I struggle (and win by superior strategy) to be in the top 20. My usual budget for this game is 120-200$ a month, but until we come to some understanding that will satisfy both sides, I'm not paying single dime. So far 500 crystals is equivalent to 5.70$. I'd rather have a lot more gear In-Game money, and Parts to build my fleet up. Not to mention shards I didn't receive due to fail of Double Drop on my Phone. I'm not blaming development team - bugs, are part of programming. But the reimbursement for such thing should be proportional, and equivalent to the loss. Now I have to go to put my older autistic brother to bed (Just after 11 p.m. here), because we wake up early.

Yours Sincerely,

Jan Negrey
Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)