by robschi777

Original Post

Bug: upgrade Snowy Escape's fireplace

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Living, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get Together, Get To Work, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Staff, Movie Hangout Stadd, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Staff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you upgrade the smaller fireplace of the 2 fireplaces from Snowy Escape to fireproof.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fireplace changes its look/structure when upgraded to fireproof. But not just the upgraded fireplace. ALL fireplaces (with the same color) changed their look, in every household and even when you buy a new one.
What do you expect to see? Just the upgraded fireplace should change its look in case of need changing the look...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If you upgrade the smaller fireplace of the 2 fireplaces from Snowy Escape it will change its look and structure but every fireplace in every household will change. Even when not upgraded.

In the pic you can see the difference. I never upgraded the white fireplace in this household but in another.

Message 1 of 8 (578 Views)

Re: Bug: upgrade Snowy Escape's fireplace

Hero
@robschi777 If I underdstood you correctly, then I can't duplicate this issue.

1. Bought the small SE fireplace and upgraded it
2. fireplace looked the same
3. Bought several fireplaces in other houses and they also stayed the swatch I bought (didn't upgrade)

DId I misunderstand anything ? Do all become fireproof although you didn't upgrade or are they just switching to the wrong swatch ?

Have you test a new save with no mods to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (531 Views)

★ Novice

I made a new save without CC (I just had some kitchen counters) but I still have that problem.

The small Snowy Escape fireplace still changed its look. 

I just upgraded the white version of this fireplace and made it fireproof, the grid filled with gray "stuff" Standard smile

The other versions/colors of the small SE fireplace did not change, I guess because I did not made

them fireproof. But the white version looks like in my pic in every household. But they are not fireproof,

I still can upgrade them.

Message 3 of 8 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@robschi777 Oh, you mean the filled part on the white version ? Thought you were talking about them changing swatch from grey to black.

For the future, it's always a good idea to encircle an issue on the pictures.

I'll re-check.

EDIT: Looking at the available swatches, I'm not sure I understand your issue tbh. Do they switch swatch when you upgrade ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For the future, it's always a good idea to encircle an issue on the pictures.  Sorry! Standard smile

Exactly, when upgraded the fireplace switches the swatch. The white fireplace in my pic has been upgraded to fireproof. The black fireplace has no upgrade.

There you can see the difference between the upgraded fireplace and a "normal" fireplace.

It would not be a problem for me if just the upgraded fireplace would switch the swatch. But now every white version of the small SE fireplace has those

filled part. Even in another household.

Message 5 of 8 (474 Views)

Hero
@robschi777 Can you not recolor the fireplace back to what it was after it switched ?

Can you not choose another swatch or does it not matter what swatch you choose if you place a new one ?

I'm unable to replicate the fireplace switching swatches on upgrade

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (433 Views)

Hero
@robschi777 Do you still have issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (373 Views)

Hero
@robschi777 Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (348 Views)