Re: Bug after december update: Profile picture isn’t updated when saving househo

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug after december update: Profile picture isn’t updated when saving households

★★★ Guide

After the december update, when re-saving households to my library/ overwriting a saved household, the profile picture of the sim isn’t updated. Instead always the first saved picture from the original household appears to be “stuck”. Meanwhile the family portrait as well as the preview in CAS (for family portrait and profile picture) is ok. See attached example (I changed the skintone to blue, but the profile picture still shows the old “normal” skintone). http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3842/sout5pu8_png.htm

I use custom content, but I tested the bug also with all custom content removed. 

I tried to uninstall the game (in Origin as well as in the Windows control panel) and to download the game anew in Origin. 

I tried to delete the file localthumbcache.package.

The problem remains.

I noticed that this problem concerns other user, too. If you search for new households in the gallery, you will find that in some cases the profile picture doesn't correspond to the family portrait.

Message 1 of 6 (1,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug after december update: Profile picture isn’t updated when saving househo

★★★ Guide

This issue seems to be solved after the January update.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,356 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue as x_anjuta_x - screenshot: imgur.com/EK8mJMv

Other things I've tried:

a) Saving sims in different ways and configurations

Importing a sim into a different family, changing the sim's family, removing CC

b) Removing the mods folder entirely, also following the steps mentioned here in the My Documents folder

c) Repairing the game

d) Deleting the thumb cache

e) Reinstalling the game without the holiday pack

Message 2 of 6 (1,363 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,351 Views)

★★★ Guide

This issue seems to be solved after the January update.

Message 4 of 6 (1,357 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not

Message 5 of 6 (755 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Sims4Buildit I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Please do not bump older threads such as this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (731 Views)