by bentomasic

Original Post

Bug Using Platforms in Apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. I built platforms in an apartment, avoiding the irreplaceable items (pipes, drains, mouse holes, etc.) and try to delete it using the sledgehammer 2. deleting walls using the same tool on a platform (within an apartment) 3. placing walls/wallpaper on walls that are on a platform in an apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. it is now impossible to delete the platforms using the sledgehammer tool. 2. leaves behind an object that I think only exists when the wall is there 3. error tells that a fixed object is there when there isn’t
What do you expect to see? 1. I expect the platform to light up yellow and disappear when i click it 2. i expect the wall to disappear and not leave anything behind 3. no error
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent patch with new platforms

in the 3rd photo’s case...i deleted that segment of the wall to make the first bug picture better. the game had already allowed that segment to exist...except when it didn’t.

Message 1 of 2 (388 Views)

Re: Bug Using Platforms in Apartments

@bentomasic 

You're right, you can't use the sledgehammer but if you select the platform and then delete using the keyboard shortcut key it will be removed:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 09.42.08.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (341 Views)