Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [V] Vampires can't fly to spaces you can't route to the normal way

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? my game is up to date (Am not tech savvy)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I cannot determine the true cause of the bug so I took a picture. Easy to replicate.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire sim complains that they can't get to that place even though they freakin fly
What do you expect to see? The vampire sim to complain like a normie that something is in their way
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(I've been troubleshooting this problem for the past couple hours and am getting increasingly angry)

I moved my vampire into the Partyhouse household in Windenberg and found TWO places my sims couldn't fly as a bat too. The three rooms on the third floor that the roof extends through, and the randomly fenced off area on the second floor. I've tested the vampire's flight. Fences, square rooms without doors or windows, these are easily bypassed by the vampire's flight power. If this isn't a bug, it should be treated as one. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vampire flight issue

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (650 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I think this is more of a design oversight than an actual bug per se. There are numerous places logically speaking a vampire in bat form could get to. Like for example when a vampire leaves Sulani in batform most of the time they fly to the beach, change into swimwear, and go SWIMMING home instead. 😠

.....also the Partihaus HOUSE in general is a buggy mess anyway. (routing issues).

Message 2 of 12 (2,251 Views)

Hero
@CrazedWolfPuppy I'm guessing they can only fly to places they could also walk to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (2,223 Views)

Bug Report 2- [Vampires] cannot enter/exit certain [Beach] areas via [Fly Here]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons,CatsandDogs, Get To Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday, and Grim's.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Beach lot, build a foundation in the water (that's your pier), make four levels, and make a porch connected to a door, do not use stairways to connect the floors.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will say they can't go there, will cancel [Fly Here As A Bat] when attempting to fly onto pier, porch, or into rooms connected by doors/archways. (Which are connected to the porches)
What do you expect to see? Exactly as stated above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As instructed, you have been redirected from:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Massive-Bug-Report/m-p/8198259#M104327

Message 4 of 12 (2,269 Views)

Re: Bug Report 2- [Vampires] cannot enter/exit certain [Beach] areas via [Fly He

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz This sounds similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Vampire-flight-issue/m-p/8173767

Just to be sure, the way you build it, it's also not possible to get there by foot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,226 Views)

Re: Bug Report 2- [Vampires] cannot enter/exit certain [Beach] areas via [Fly He

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Build was this one:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EEB18352D5D711E983952494C5C427A6?category=al...

Had plenty of space, made the vampire swim over to the pier foundation and climb the ladder, but flying onto the porch or into the building's four floors was just not possible.

A tragic problem, because I was hoping that if my vampires could land there, then I'd buy the magic expansion for broomstick riding to that location.

It seems the Sims developers can't even get a little creative with their testing. Shame I had to find such an environment killing bug this way.

Message 6 of 12 (2,195 Views)

Hero
@MasterDarkwingz I merged your report with the other I linked cause looking at your building, it's exactly what that other user is saying too.

There's no normal way to get there so Vampires also can't fly there.

I don't know if that's a design choice or a bug.

Trying to get more info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have built whole levels in buildings around that fact that vampires can't get everywhere.  The ultimate travel power is Teleport from the Wellness skill.  That will get you everywhere. Wink

Functionally it seems to require an open space of 3x3 and in some instances 2x2.

NB: Vampires with Wellness 10 can use that teleport ... so not really anti-vampire.

Message 8 of 12 (2,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Jaelk My build should have plenty of space for a sim to move around onto the porch, but I've never seen the teleport skill before.
Message 9 of 12 (2,123 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The three move options I get are:

• Fly here as a bat
  • Teleport here as Mist
  • Teleport here

The first two are the Vampire abilities (Vampire swirl is next to them) while the third is the one gained from the Wellness skill. The first two seem to be limited by path-finding but I have never had an issue with "Teleport here". All are accessed by right clicking (PC) on a section of open ground (floor, etc).

Hope that helps.

Message 10 of 12 (2,113 Views)