Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Bug: Mission Research & Rescue Can't Complete

by iGameHDR

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Likewise experience the same problem, but on PS4. Tried the mission 4 times now and all attempts do not progress after defeating the Escari. 

Similar issue to others where trash mobs don’t appear every time, and then do on a different attempt. 

Escari defeated everytime, game dialogue confirms it’s dead, and the mission waypoint marker and activity text changes to complete. 

With all attempts after defeating the Escari, you’re left in the valley where you fight it and the mission doesn’t progress to the next waypoint or mission complete stage. 

Cant progress at all now in the game as all my other contracts, missions and challenges are complete!

Message 21 of 25 (147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same issue still. Trying to wait it out now. 

Edit: We had to squad wipe underwater to finish it 

Message 22 of 25 (107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

(on XBOX One) Can confirm this is still occurring. Tried the mission twice, on Hard and Grandmaster 1. The mission progression stopped after the first and second part of the mission, respectively. In addition, on hard, I tried to fly out of the mission zone and my character disappeared after the time to get sent back reached zero. I could shoot, but couldn't move (like a first-person shooter). I also was unable to end the expedition (start>hold X). I had to restart the entire game. 

On a side note, when I tried to enter my videos into this site, the website crashed on me twice XD.

Message 23 of 25 (74 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same thing was happening to me. played through mission three times, beat the escari and then the mission wouldn't end. I had to play through the mission solo to get past it.

Message 24 of 25 (64 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Confirmed as well on PC. Defeated the Escari extremely fast and now it won't prompt the next part of the mission.

I think it might have to do with the story script. If you defeat the Escari to quickly maybe the code is not acquiring the prompt that lets it move forward. The scond time around doing this mission we let the script complete a little more and the mission completed.

Message 25 of 25 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help