Re: Bug: Caustic Gas Traps Not Triggering

by WoahItsTea

Original Post

Bug: Caustic Gas Traps Not Triggering

★ Guide

I would have made a 'bug report post', but your forums won't let me submit for reasons that are beyond me. I triple checked everything on my end was in order. Anyway.

When throwing Caustic gas traps next to enemies, I've often observed that the trap mysteriously doesn't go off. No damage, no obscuration, no effect. It just sits there, even though the enemies were well within normal grenade radius.

Obviously it should be going off immediately and taking effect, so something is going wrong.

Message 1 of 14 (2,806 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TheGreenFellow It happens to me also. Only way I can get them to trigger is by shooting them but thats pointless when its supposed to be a trap.
Message 2 of 14 (2,778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah having the same problems with the gas traps

Message 3 of 14 (2,758 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Most likely, this is a bug with the activation range of the Gas Canisters. If you throw a canister onto an enemy and they're already inside the activation range the game may not register that someone has entered the trigger range. Rather, if the enemy leaves and then crosses the activation range again then the canister will be activated as normal. 

I myself haven't experienced this problem all too much but there's a good chance that it's just a problem with the activation range and hopefully it gets patched.

Message 4 of 14 (2,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This issue (along with a number of others) seriously hurts Caustic's playability.

When you drop a trap on the external gantry of the supply ship, you don't expect enemies to just walk right on past without it triggering.

Likewise when you're expecting a rush, and decide to drop a trap in a doorway, having the rush still occur and the trap completely fail to trigger is...... triggering.

The delay isn't anywhere close to simply the 'activation animation time', it's more like 8 seconds before the trap actually becomes live.

8 seconds is an eternity in this game.

I never really noticed how crap Caustic's traps were, until I was forced to use him for the solo badge.

Message 5 of 14 (2,634 Views)

★ Guide
@TheJumpingJawa Yeah, I just watched a "fishing" clip on reddit where a Pathfinder grappled a Caustic that had just dropped a trap *right next to him* but the trap sat there and did nothing (while the Pathfinder proceeded to shoot the Caustic in the face with a Peacekeeper).

Something's broken there.
Message 6 of 14 (2,587 Views)

Fix pls! What's the point of throwing a gas if it's doesn't trigger and do you know how long the animation takes to throw 1 gas trap, you can be shot dead before the trap is ready.

https://giphy.com/gifs/W2PmAVXMgzXgCDROli

Message 7 of 14 (2,562 Views)

Community Manager

@lBreathTakingl wrote:

Fix pls! What's the point of throwing a gas if it's doesn't trigger and do you know how long the animation takes to throw 1 gas trap, you can be shot dead before the trap is ready.

https://giphy.com/gifs/W2PmAVXMgzXgCDROli

I'm guessing the supply drop/care package played a roll in that gas trap not activating. 

I'll be moving this over to the bug reporting board, if you all see situations where they're not activating can you please submit a screenshot or clip like @lBreathTakingl did so we can track these examples for the QA team? Thanks! 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 14 (2,538 Views)

★ Novice

I been.getting the same issue yesterday the bomb from my ultimate ability dissapeared (im having trouble uploading my clip about it)

And also some of caustic traps fall through the ladders of some or the shacks 

Ill post the link of the video later as im  @ work right now

Message 9 of 14 (2,490 Views)

★ Novice

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/drophayabusa/video/78498194

Heres the link of the video   , if i get the bug of the caustic traps falling throught the stairs ill record and post here 

Message 10 of 14 (2,462 Views)