Bug: Aiming with Iden towards enemies in Arcade makes them glow (white outline)

by We_are_demons

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug: Aiming with Iden towards enemies in Arcade makes them glow (white outline)

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug While playing as Iden Versio in Arcade mode every time I aim at the enemy they become highlighted with white outline. It is really distracting and ruins immersion, this was not happening before July patch. This only happens with Iden.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? killer9mm
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 08/28/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 03:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? EET (ART) - GMT + 2:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to Arcade mode 2. Start any match, Onslaught or Team battle 3. Choose Dark side and select Iden Versio 4. Aim at the enemy and you will notice they start glowing with white outline
What happens when the bug occurs? Enemies become highlighted with white outline, and continue glowing like that until you move aim reticle from them. Only happens in Arcade with Iden, but looks bad.
What do you expect to see? I expect enemies not to be highlighted like that while aiming at them with Iden, I hope it will return to how it was before and how it is for rest of the troopers/heroes.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Described bug is visible on the following images, enemies start having white outline around them when aiming at them with Iden. This is not a huge issue, but makes experience inconsistent and ruins immersion in Arcade.

Message 1 of 6 (894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug: Aiming with Iden towards enemies in Arcade makes them glow (white outli

★★★★★ Expert

Not sure if it was different before, but I made some tests with Kylo, Grievous, and Iden this week and it's clear that these white Outlines are tied to their Frenzy, Thrust Surge, and Stun Droid abilities. When an enemy is outlined white, it means they are in range for these abilities to work.

If these abilities are in cooldown, then the white outlines won't appear until the cooldown ends. So it's just an indicator for these abilities to show when the enemy is in range for them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (706 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bug: Aiming with Iden towards enemies in Arcade makes them glow (white outli

★★★★ Apprentice
This bug is pretty distracting, I avoid playing as Iden in the Arcade because of it. Should be a pretty easy fix too, let's hope they do it.
Message 2 of 6 (863 Views)

★ Guide

I thought that she was supposed to do that to make them easier to see and hit, but maybe not.

Message 3 of 6 (843 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Nope, this does not happen in multiplayer and didn't in Arcade before the July patch. It can't be a difficult fix Standard smile
Message 4 of 6 (805 Views)

★★ Novice
@We_are_demons Now there is even worse kylo reb, Dooku, Grievous and even palpatine has that White outline on enemies but even if you put the option White outline off it stays ON

shame i stoped playing because of that it is really distracting

I hope they fix this but since last year they didn t touch that bug so they will not do it now :/
Message 5 of 6 (725 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Not sure if it was different before, but I made some tests with Kylo, Grievous, and Iden this week and it's clear that these white Outlines are tied to their Frenzy, Thrust Surge, and Stun Droid abilities. When an enemy is outlined white, it means they are in range for these abilities to work.

If these abilities are in cooldown, then the white outlines won't appear until the cooldown ends. So it's just an indicator for these abilities to show when the enemy is in range for them.

Message 6 of 6 (707 Views)