Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] 'Browse Books' interrupts other interactions excessively

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except JTB
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with autonomy on and have a bookshelf on your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will queue the "browse book" interaction every 10 or so seconds, and will sometimes cancel current actions, especially computer interactions, to do so.
What do you expect to see? Less autonomous queuing of this action, especially when the sim is already doing an action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been experiencing this for a while, but it has become increasingly annoying to an untenable degree for me. I usually play with full autonomy on but have applied the "disable autonomy for selected sim" setting because this issue has become near constant. If left alone for more than five seconds, sims will start to queue this action and constantly read, or if doing some tasks, such as conversations, any extended computer tasks (e.g. writing books, playing games, programming, etc.), watching tv, they will cancel the active task to prioritize browsing/reading books. They will even sometimes do this while already reading a book. This seems to only occur on the home lot.

Tasks like exercising, yoga, cooking/eating do not seem to trigger this compulsion. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 14 (2,141 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Writing task too often interrupted

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Is anyone still seeing this without mods or custom content installed? If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420 

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (89 Views)

All Replies

Re: Excessive Queuing Of "Browse Books"

Hero
@misalignments Have you tried a game repair yet ? Does it happen with all Sims and also in a new game ?

Is this your active Sim only or NPCs or household SIms as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI did try a repair with no success. This save is pretty new, and I've had this issue for the better part year, so yes, I believe this persistent across saves.

It seems to affect the active sim the most, but I think all sims are affected to a lesser degree. Also I'll edit the op the to reflect this, but I'm pretty sure this only on the home lot.

Message 3 of 14 (2,086 Views)

Hero
@misalignments I remember a similar post for the library but I can seem to find it.

There's also this that's similar to yours: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-stop-are-stopped-from-reading/m-p/6494612/highlight/... but as you say they interrupt to read it's a bit different so I'm leaving separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictYeah, I think this is probably different; my sims will more often than not actually read the book they choose, if they don't get the need to browse books again, and interruptions by other sims doesn't really affect them.

I'm pretty sure a few years ago that there was an issue more similar to mine; I'll look around and edit if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Sims-constantly-switch-books-on-autonomous-interaction/t...

Message 5 of 14 (2,071 Views)

Hero
@misalignments Yeah, was looking at that one too but as that is ages old it's def better to have a new thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@misalignments i have this issue some time ago, but i use mccc mod to disable browse book in autonomy, and it helped. there is no point of doing browse book at all.
Message 7 of 14 (2,009 Views)

Re: 'Browse Books' interrupts other interactions excessively

★★★★★ Novice
@misalignments I have this issue too and I'm on the Xbox one. I have all packs except kits and this started to happen when the new update came out. I been playing with a family that has a toddler to care for but they end up browsing books instead of feeding the toddler. I thought it would have been because of Eco, and the action plans but I disabled that before I began the whole gameplay.
Message 8 of 14 (1,972 Views)

Writing task too often interrupted

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, Pets, Seasons, Holiday Celebrations, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have computer, be writing, have bookcase (and occasionally other activity objects)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim, while writing, queues up browsing books or other activity an innumerable amount of times until the activity of writing on the computer is automatically cancelled - this does not happen for other activities. It has made writing related game play unplayable as they do not stop doing this unless autonomy is turned off.
What do you expect to see? Writing to be made as consistent as other activities in how autonomous actions deal with it as a pre-queued or in progress action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Got the game in the free giveaway.

Message 9 of 14 (1,474 Views)

Re: Writing task too often interrupted

Hero
@ColleenLizaC I merged your post with the browse book interrupting other interactions.

Could you please list what other activities interrupt writing for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,437 Views)