Bronzium store switched to bo-Katan store

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version 14.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 912294444
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Was hitting buy again on bronzium multiple times as I have 1 million abs as I always do when I spend bronzium and noticed bo-katan popped up. Thought it was initially cool for her to be in that store. Then thought it was a bug as she popped up 3 times and tested a couple of more times until I noticed I was actually spending crystals. I did not hit the upper left screen to leave bronzium at all and would like my crystals back. See EA support transcript below
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See report
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? I phone
OS Version 14.4.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 912-294-444
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Was hitting buy again on bronzium multiple times as I have 1 million abs as I always do when I spend bronzium and noticed bo-katan popped up. Thought it was initially cool for her to be in that store. Then thought it was a bug as she popped up 3 times and tested a couple of more times until I noticed I was actually spending crystals. I did not hit the upper left screen to leave bronzium at all and would like my crystals back. See EA support transcript below
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See report
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

My transcript from ea help 

Chat started at 7:29 AM
  •  
    Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Vibhanshu, may I start with your first name please?
    Vibhanshu

•  
    Ryan

•  
    Hi there Ryan! Please elaborate the issue for me so I could help better. And how're you doing today?
    Vibhanshu

7:30 AM
  •  
    I have almost 1 million bronzium and was in the store spending them by hitting the “buy again” button. I noticed the new character “bo-Karan” popped up. I thought that was pretty cool. I hit her a couple more times in a row and then thought it could be a bug. And hit a couple more times and noticed that I was no longer in the bronzium store and spending crystals. I spend crystals on gear not toons. There is no way to get out of store by hitting the lower right of phone where “buy again” is to get to the crystal page to buy the new toon. I’d like to remove the 90 shards of her I got and get my 10,000 ish crystals back as the page switched from bronzium to her store without me knowing.
    7:34 AM
  • Thanks for clarifying. I'll help you with the info if there's a possibility to get your spent crystals back.
    7:39 AM
  • However, before we proceed, I took sometime and checked some recent reports and can't find any massive disconnections, store bug or server outages, so I'm sure we're dealing with a technical issue here.
    7:41 AM
  •  
    I don't want to set any false expectation with you, we have designed the game's store in such way that it acts by the server. Every player's match results, progress, achievements, transfer market transactions and stats are stored on the SWGOH server. After a player gets sold on the ingame store or if a player made any purchase with crystals or guild tokens, the results get finalized and it updates the detail in player's SWGOH. There's no way for us to revert any transaction made on the store or grant the crystals or tokens back, as we don't have any sort of technical access to do so.
    Vibhanshu

7:41 AM
  •  
    Good!!! Then you can see that I just spent a bunch of bronzium and then started getting her all of a sudden which proves my point This is huge because it switched to her page by itself and most players blindly hit the buy again button to spend their bronzium
    7:43 AM
  •  
    I get your point, but I really wish we could do anything here to get your Crystals back. If it was possible we wouldn't have denied in the first place.
    Vibhanshu

7:44 AM
  •  
    Who do I talk to to get a refund if you - customer support - can’t do it
    7:44 AM
  • If there was any issue going on with the store or the game, we would've helped with the available provision for it. Once a player purchases any ingame currency like coins, points, shards, crystals etc. and uses it to purchase an ingame content, like skins, that ingame transaction got finalized by the server. There's no way to undo or revert that ingame transaction as it's already been finalized and player got the supposed content. I'm sorry to say but we'll be unable to process an ingame currency refund.
    7:47 AM
  •  
    And it is working this way since the launch of the game, and not just with SWGOH it's the same with most of the gaems.
    Vibhanshu

7:47 AM
  •  
    I think you are missing the point. I didn’t buy crystals. I had them. The bronzium store switched to the character store as I was using my bronzium. I did not intentionally leave the store which is a different part of the screen than the buy again button. The game IS NOT supposed to do this and I’ve played and spent bronzium like this since I began playing near launch. There IS AN ISSUE that caused this. And it is not working as intended.
    7:50 AM
  • I get your point, I just informed you how ingame transaction can't be refunded and how they're different from real world money purchases that we can check for refund.

• So credit my crystals then
    7:52 AM
  • Look at my logs snd see what I’m saying is true

•  
    And report this as a bug

• No sorry, if it was possible there was no point in denying for them. There's no option to add the crystals in these cases and really wish I could do anything. But as you're saying it's a bug, we can forward it.

•  
    If it’s a bug, then you should make it right for me.
    7:54 AM
  •  
    No it's not, there's no report for such bug. Before we proceed with anything I would like to inform you that it's a ingame query and it is needed to be addressed by the studio cause we can't make direct changes to an ingame mechanic or feature. It'll just called modding the game if we were able to do so. What I'm going to do here is, I'm registering your concern on the case's notes as feedback so the team can take a look at it and may provide any possible fix for it on any upcoming update.
    Vibhanshu

• Not say thanks for telling us, sorry it get you, but too bad
    7:54 AM
  •  
    I tried to report it as a bug and the cone in seriously??? The bug reporting screen wouldn’t let me put the info in so I switched to a technical issue.
    7:56 AM
  • But I can forward it from here, I've mentioned it on your notes. Even if there's no ongoing issue, I can still forward it from my end for a review.
    7:57 AM
  •  
    Yeah but you are still telling me that even though my logs show what I was doing, there is nothing anyone can do to make it right for me. And that’s just wrong
    7:58 AM
  •  
    And one more thing Ryan. See, you're one of my fellow gamer. And compensation, granting anything, or reverting a "log" is not a big deal, really, only if it was in our hands or if it's a technically possible. I know this is something that shouldn't have happened, either by the game or you no matter who's responsible. I want to help, I'm trying my best to help. However, I, as a gamer myself , never feel good at heart if the answer to any player has to be a 'no' but sometimes we are bound or held back by the unavailability of the options on our end.
    Vibhanshu

•  
    So I’m clearly talking to the wrong person or help center.
    7:59 AM
  •  
    I'm sorry, if it was possible I don't know what we're supposed to get by denying here. There's no issue going on and we can't verify this, so sorry nothing could be done here as ingame transactions can't be reversed in any way.
    Vibhanshu

8:00 AM
  •  
    Now we are just talking in circles. I completely disagree as the game mechanics make it impossible to just hit the buy again area of the screen and get out of the bronzium store switch stores, and use crystals. You have to actually exit the bronzium store on the upper left not bottom right.
    8:02 AM
  •  
    Sorry to say but nothing could be done here.
    Vibhanshu

8:04 AM
  • Sad. I’ll post this conversation in the forums... for others to be aware and maybe a developer will respond.
Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bronzium store switched to bo-Katan store

EA Live QV Team

Hi @SWGOHT1 and sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you here, as this forum is only for bug reports and would not deal with accidental purchases or misclicks. 

We would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support again, as they deal with these types of issues and may be able to help with accidental purchases or misclicks.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (257 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @SWGOHT1 and sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you here, as this forum is only for bug reports and would not deal with accidental purchases or misclicks. 

We would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support again, as they deal with these types of issues and may be able to help with accidental purchases or misclicks.

Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can’t click the bottom right of screen to get out of bronzium store.  you have to click the top left to do that.  I was rapidly hitting the bottom right as I’ve done many many times in the past when this occurred. 

Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

These purchases are with in-game currency, which is apparently not something EA will handle.
FWIW I had the same issue, and it seems like the options are try to talk to CG in-game, or just get a refund through Apple/Google.

Edit: nevermind, doesn't seem like in-game tickets work. Apple/Google is the only way.

Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)