Re: Broken matchmaking. Facing a guild with 60+ million more gp in TW.

by hahnsoloIV

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya,

It appears this bug is still open and being worked on. While I cannot provide an ETA at this time, please rest assured this is being investigated.

Message 71 of 96 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the answer Kozyspoon. We hope you, devs, will find a fix soon, because this can be very demoralizing.

So, it seems the next 2 TWs (at least) will be broken too... Let's warn our guildmates, then.

Message 72 of 96 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, i was wrong ! Hotfix is coming :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162893/matchmaking-clarification-post-3-1...

We'll see soon how efficient it is, but whatever happens : thank you for clarification !
As probably a lot of player base, I really appreciate the effort for this great communication Standard smile

Message 73 of 96 (1,032 Views)

★★ Guide
Anything to update? I know there was a Q and A on the other forum, a lot to take in. seems like things are coming to a head soon. I hope its not the collapse of the game.
Message 74 of 96 (987 Views)

★★★ Novice
Right now we're facing a guild with 49 million and we are only at 34million since two has started we've only gotten 1 win
Message 75 of 96 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
We are having this same problem in the current TW. Currently we have a gp mismatch of 34mm.

Here's our swgoh-gg page:
https://swgoh.gg/g/20044/kor-anoat/

And our opponent:
https://swgoh.gg/g/21878/imperial-bataillon/

I know that the recent AMA with developers touched on the gp matchmaking issue, but there is honestly no way possible that a gp difference this great can be considered an equitable matchup. Our top end players fall in line with our opponent's average player gp, and their bottom end is *double* ours in gp.

I love TW and love a good challenge, but this is not a challenge. It's a massacre.
Screenshot_20180320-082650.png
Message 76 of 96 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If the hotfix was intended to fix the matchmaking, I don't think it worked.  My guild WAS 11/3/1 in TW.  We know what we are doing and usually have had competitive matchups.  This last one was a disaster.  Us - 87 mil GP with all 50 members joining; them - 112 mil GP with 44 members joining.  The result was the worst beating we've ever taken: we took one territory while they cleared our board...

SNAG-0000.png
Message 77 of 96 (915 Views)

★ Guide

@NeuDamage,  while not an entirely fairly match-up in the actual strength of developed characters,  it was a fairer match-up wrt to GP.  While they were missing 6 members,  it probably dropped their GP significantly to fool the match-maker into this match.  If, in addition,  the algorithm compared average strength of the strongest teams, it may also pair you up as well.

however, these match-ups would be much more rare.  you got unlucky this time.

Message 78 of 96 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@hunchew  I disagree. @NeuDamage described a fundamentally unfair match. They didn't just get unlucky. The system is still broken.

Galactic Power isn't linearly comparable. Two 50K squads don't equal one 100K squad. Heck 4x 50K squads probably would still only dent a 100K.  Likewise the top 25 best equipped players of a strong guild aren't in the same realm as 50 players in a medium guild, even if the Active GP was exactly the same.

They need to either fix GP so it is linearly comparable instead of logarithmic or the need to compare Active members in a different way, such as:

Average # of super heroes (JTR, GK, Thrawn, IPD, Wampa, CLS) available per each member's squads

Average # of G12 toons available per each member's squads.

etc.

Message 79 of 96 (864 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To your point basshar, it's definitely not easy to completely fix the matchmakimg system. Heck, 3 years later, COC still has problems with matchmaking. However, if the algorithm incorporated specific Characters zetas (not gear, zetas), or better yet, Gp by faction, then perhaps the system could be more easily balanced.

Message 80 of 96 (843 Views)