Broken matchmaking. Facing a guild with 60+ million more gp in TW.

by dglace1

Original Post

Broken matchmaking. Facing a guild with 60+ million more gp in TW.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? all
OS Version latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 991-384-275
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Broken matchmaking. Facing a guild with 60+ million more gp.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I am in FTB Cantina Lords (the one with 105 million GP).  We have faced a gp deficit every TW.  This TW, we are facing BHG Reloaded with 172 million GP.  I was told they actually have 165+ million registered for this TW.  

TW is the most fun game mode. The competitive aspect of out thinking and battling another guild is outstanding.  

The opposing guild has 44 members with more gp than our highest gp player.  I just started farming Sith Trooper for the main purpose of TW.  We currently have 2 at g12.  The other guild already has 24 at g12.   This is going to be a total waste of time and resources. I am P2P.  

This matchmaking is totally broken.  Please fix.

DL

Message 26 of 96 (3,106 Views)

TW matchup system horribly flawed - lopsided GP matches

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? all
OS Version latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug TW matchmaking puts us vs guilds with substantially higher GP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play TW
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

To take only the last 4 TWs as example we have been outmatched by 4mil GP, 6mil GP, 9mil GP, and this time by 23mil GP!  This is totally lopsided and makes the challenge of TW insurmountable.  He have 49/49 participation.  Fix the matchmaking system, there's no reason for guilds to match further than ~1mil GP.

Message 1 of 96 (4,383 Views)

Re: TW matchup system horribly flawed - lopsided GP matches

★★ Novice
I can vouch for everything the OP said. We've never had a GP advantage and have always been behind, sometimes by ridiculous amounts. It's horribly unfair and demoralizing.
Message 2 of 96 (4,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes this! It happens every time. Our current opponent has 23m more GP than us. Why are we matched with a guild that is almost 50% higher than us? If the matching algorithm could also include avg GP per player as well as guild GP it would probably make the war more even. It's not fun to get stomped every TW.
Message 3 of 96 (4,335 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We have a GP of 32 million, we are facing a 69 million GP guild.

They are well over double the strength of our guild, you can only imagine what their top squads will look like compared to ours

Message 4 of 96 (4,327 Views)

★★ Novice
The whole system needs to be overhauled, period. We're evenly matched this tw, within 1 million gp. Yet the other guild has almost triple the amount of zetas, which is huge! Imagine fighting against a guild with three times as many zBariss, NS, CLS, and JTR teams. How is this even a fair fight?
Message 5 of 96 (4,286 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this happened to us to. 1 person had 23 g12 toon and 11 zetas on the first defense node. i am ready to quit the game because this is so frustrating. 

Message 6 of 96 (4,238 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Same problem for us, the amount of participants should be equal as well, not only gp which leads to ridiculous match ups...
Message 7 of 96 (4,220 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
We’ve generally been within a few million of our opponent, but this current matchup seem a grossly unfair. I can not locate the guild in game or elsewhere to check their GP, but they’ve been able to fill 5-6 territories with G12 teams while mine can barely manage 1-2. Despite this, they’ve been able to clear most of our territories (strongest up front).

My guild: sithhappens’
Ally code: 372-577-884

Opponent: Legendary
Message 8 of 96 (4,181 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Screenshot_20180206-074122.png

If this is WAI it is not fun or fair.  A challenge is good, but impossible is not good.  It really turns people off, to the point that we won't bother trying any more as it's not worth any effort.

Message 9 of 96 (4,159 Views)