Broken Tutorial: Aspiration Completion "Locked by Tutorial"

by LegendUnbound

Original Post

Broken Tutorial: Aspiration Completion "Locked by Tutorial"

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the tutorial
What happens when the bug occurs? You get stuck at the aspiration to take a vacation, go fishing, and travel because the tutorial does not unlock the necessary areas of the game. Even making your sim not go to work, which would prompt an option to take a vacation day (known from playing ps4 sims), does not force a vacation day to happen. The phone is grayed out and the fishing area is also grayed out.
What do you expect to see? To have those things unlocked so that I can progress through the tutorial.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

-Play tutorial (on laptop)

-Get to the second level of aspirations

-Unable to: travel, fish, or take a vacation

-Every item needed says "locked by tutorial"

-Has occurred on my laptop (8gb RAM, integrated graphics, and i3 processor) and my husbands super fancy/powerful PC (16gb RAM, NVIDIA 2070, and i7 processor), so it's not a hardware issue

-It has been at least two months since I last attempted the tutorial (on my husband's PC) and the same thing occurred then. The EA bug page was broken so I couldn't make a post. At the time, someone else had made a post about it and the bug list said it was fixed; it wasn't fixed. Thought it would be fixed over the past patches that occurred. It was not.

Tried: reloading, restarting, new game, etc.

Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 1 (260 Views)