by thecharsims

Original Post

Broken Family Tree Still Exists

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Vampires and Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into cas with a long lineage or family tree. My save is about 4 generations in and a lot of family members live in other houses and have families of their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? My family tree splits and family members disconnect and reconnect incorrectly or not at all. Siblings become half siblings, spouses become related etc.
What do you expect to see? I expect the family tree to work correctly with the right connections in place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared a long time ago from a patch that is unknown now. While others have just started having this issue, I've been dealing with it for 2 years and some change now.

See the above. I'll attach a picture. I'm too exhausted to constantly keep reiterating myself about this glitch. I'll attach a photo from my recent test with a modless save that I just opened after patching my game. I'm so disappointed. Like, my whole save seems forever ruined thanks to EA. This is the worst glitch that they have ever created.

Message 1 of 8 (955 Views)

Re: Broken Family Tree Still Exists

★★ Guide

Added more images

Message 2 of 8 (932 Views)

★★ Guide
@thecharsims Is someone even looking at these bug reports these days? I made 2 separate ones, this and another one about 2 weeks ago.
Message 3 of 8 (904 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 4 of 8 (848 Views)

★★ Guide

So the issue for you is blank images of Sims that  existed? It looks like those Sims have been culled by the game. The broken family trees that they fixed as far as I know, had to do with the white lines connecting them. I don’t have a photo, but it would often only show a line from say one parent, and not show full relationships to siblings etc. I don’t think most of the fixes they put in were retroactive, for example I have a 20+ generation family I play, the “founders” appear blank like yours because the family tree fixes came after their ghosts were culled. 

Message 5 of 8 (832 Views)

★★ Guide
@Kita5399 No. My issue isn't blank images. The game is adding blank images to the family tree where sims had already existed. My sims are all still very much well alive and well lol It's detaching the siblings from each other and listing the spouses as related. It's doing the same as before. It was said, the issue was fixed in the patch for the release of cottage living but it wasn't fixed.
I understand what you mean about the lines. I would get that with my sims son but somehow, the game will detach him from his mom and make it seem as though his dad had him and his sister with another sim which is not the case. To top it off, if you look at the images again, you'll see that the spouse is placed twice in the family tree to the left and right of their partner.
Message 6 of 8 (819 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes I see what you mean, I’ve seen that issue too. From what I’ve seen, it sounds like it should be fixed in new saves. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to fix trees that were already broken. I will “me too” this anyway, as I do still see this in old saves as well. 

Message 7 of 8 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Kita5399

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me how the feature could be fixed in new saves when new saves won't even show a problem until a person plays pass the 2nd generation. For me, I'm 4 generations in and I just created a new save for this family a little over a year ago, just to have them be destroyed like this. Who is to say for sure that the alleged fix for family trees truly is a thing when not all my saves were affected the way my one family was. I'm so upset about this. So why would EA or the team think to release a patch that doesn't fix currently played families..? It's a slap in the face. It's as if, I'm being told to abandon my whole family and start over, something that a guru has suggested before on twitter when there was an issue with their patches. It's like, they don't give a damn about the families we play now and they think it can be solved or is so easy to just say, create a new save. It honestly pisses me off. Thank you though for the "me too". I'm just so frustrated and so disappointed with the sims team.

Message 8 of 8 (766 Views)