Re: Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in C

by DrunkyMacGreed

Original Post

Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in Co-Op

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? Challenges
Which part of it? Timed
Which date (MM/DD/YYYY)? 12/17/2019
Summarize your bug The Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in Co-Op Mode
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DrunkyMacGreed
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 12/17/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Launch Battlefront 2 2. At the Main Menu, select Play and press the X button 3. At the Play Menu, select Co-Op, select Galactic Republic or Resistance, and press the X button 4. At the Character Select Screen, select any Trooper class and press the X button 5. When Co-op gameplay begins, defeat a darkside Hero character (be sure to land the final damage to get credit for the actual defeat, not an assist) 6. When Co-Op gameplay completes, exit the game mode and return to the Main Menu 7. At the Main Menu, select Career and press the X button 8. At the Career Menu, select Timed Challenges and press the X button 9. Navigate to the Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge
What happens when the bug occurs? The Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in Co-Op Mode
What do you expect to see? The player should be credited with having defeated an enemy Hero character in Co-Op Mode
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number PlayStation 4 Pro

Steps to reproduce (assuming that Bring Balance to the Force is available as a Timed Challenge):

1. Launch Battlefront 2
2. At the Main Menu, select Play and press the X button
3. At the Play Menu, select Co-Op, select Galactic Republic or Resistance, and press the X button
4. At the Character Select Screen, select any Trooper class and press the X button
5. When Co-op gameplay begins, defeat a darkside Hero character (be sure to land the final damage to get credit for the actual defeat, not an assist)
6. When Co-Op gameplay completes, exit the game mode and return to the Main Menu
7. At the Main Menu, select Career and press the X button
8. At the Career Menu, select Timed Challenges and press the X button
9. Navigate to the Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge

EXPECTED: The player should be credited with having defeated an enemy Hero character in Co-Op Mode

ACTUAL RESULT: The Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in Co-Op Mode

Message 1 of 19 (4,525 Views)

Re: Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge does not track progress made in C

★★ Guide

So I was just playing in Co-Op Mode and happened to encounter the bug where I spawned alongside the Galactic Republic AI team, even though I had chosen to play as part of the Separatist Alliance (and had already completed at least two rounds of game play as a Separatist).

When the opposing team filled up with human Co-Op players, I was eventually able to defeat one of them after they chose to play as General Grievous.

Following the conclusion of the match, on the End of Match Screen, I saw on the Challenges tab that I had been credited with a point towards the Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge.

So I guess the bug is not that progress towards the Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge is not being tracked in Co-Op Mode, the bug is actually that progress towards the Bring Balance to the Force Timed Challenge is not being tracked against AI bots playing as Dark Side Heroes in Co-Op Mode.

Message 2 of 19 (4,459 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, but that in itself is a glitch that should not occur, so the bug still exists. I maintain DICE needs to put more detail (or simply the necessary game mode) into the challenge description because MANY of the challenges are very confusing on their actual requirements. It isn't hard to program in a few more words where some already exists. Little things like that that take a few hours should not be left for years with numerous complaints and confusion existing.

Message 3 of 19 (4,400 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 03/06/2020. Defeated both Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 4 of 19 (4,344 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 03/22/2020. Defeated Bossk on Yavin IV in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 5 of 19 (4,243 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 04/04/2020. Defeated Count Dooku on Kashyyyk in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 6 of 19 (4,156 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 04/17/2020. Defeated Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine on Death Star II in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 7 of 19 (4,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still a problem as of 13/06/20. I’ve defeated Yoda, Chewbacca & Kylo Ren in co-op & it’s not registering! 

Message 8 of 19 (3,882 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 07/01/2020. Defeated Kylo Ren on Takodana MC85 Star Cruiser in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 9 of 19 (3,757 Views)

★★ Guide
I can confirm that this is still an issue on PlayStation 4 as of 07/08/2020. Defeated Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren on Jakku in Co-Op mode and received no credit towards the "Bring Balance to the Force" Timed Challenge.
Message 10 of 19 (3,686 Views)