by JarrenV

Original Post

Brewing Potion Problems

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have ingredients for specific potion. Brew potion.
What happens when the bug occurs? When brewing Potion of Nimble Mind (1x Parsley, 1x Spotted Dirt Frog) and having the perks to brew 6 potions, I instead obtaind 6x Potions of Emotional Stability. The ingredients were taken but the option to brew the potion still appears (although interacting with it does nothing -> since lacking an ingredient or more).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the correct potion type given, and not another.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch (current version).

UPDATE (1/7/2021 12:24pm PST)
 - I restarted the game, and removed 2 LittleMsSam mods that were supposed to be fixes, just in case.
 - Brewing potions are giving me the correct ones HOWEVER now no ingredients are being taken, might be because of the perk (chance of not consuming ingredients) and while I enjoy free potions for my troubles, I don't think that's supposed to happen either :P

Mostly everything related to the bug is already submitted. The main issue summarized though is:
 - Option to brew a specific potion with listed ingredients produces a different potion.

- I have attempted to brew a Potion of Plentiful Needs as well earlier in the game, which also turned into Potions of Emotional Stability
 - Ingredients are still taken, but still show "available" in the menu when interacting with the cauldron.

Message 1 of 3 (501 Views)

Re: Brewing Potion Problems

Hero
@JarrenV Sounds like you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Game-falsely-thinks-all-ingredients-for-potion... as well as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Cauldron-creating-wrong-item/td-p/9474953 (there seems to be all kinds of wrong items given)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: Brewing Potion Problems

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Could be. It only happened twice, and both results came out as Potions of Emotional Stability (instead of the other ones I meant to craft). Not sure if it was the game restart or mod removal, but it seems fixed for me (for now). I may try putting the mods back in and see if I can't confirm it.
Message 3 of 3 (431 Views)